Re: Serial scanner input

Is this a Windows 2000 or 2003 TS?

"dabbuhl1" <dabbuhl1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:99A84C3E-0F97-47E7-981D-05D65B66B6EF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I am trying to allow my users to log into the terminal server to run Quick
> books. I have a smart scan product that interfaces with quick books via a
> serial scanner. I can run this locally with no problem but when I log
> into
> the server via terminal services and try to input data from the serial
> scanner, I get no data thru to the server. Not a number, not anything.
> When I try this with a USB scanner, I get the data that should transmit
> from
> the bar code. I have to use the serial scanner to use the smart scan
> program. I would think that the serial scanner would transmit data the
> same
> as a keyboard but perhaps there is a setting I need to setup inside the
> terminal server to accept serial input.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Dan Abbuhl

  • Re: Serial scanner input
    ... scanning program like Remote-Scan. ... >>>I am trying to allow my users to log into the terminal server to run Quick ... I have to use the serial scanner to use the smart scan ... I would think that the serial scanner would transmit data the ...
  • Serial scanner input
    ... I am trying to allow my users to log into the terminal server to run Quick ... I have a smart scan product that interfaces with quick books via a ... I have to use the serial scanner to use the smart scan ... I would think that the serial scanner would transmit data the same ...
  • Re: Serial scanner input
    ... This is Windows 2003 Enterprise using TS. ... >>I am trying to allow my users to log into the terminal server to run Quick ... I have to use the serial scanner to use the smart scan ... >> Dan Abbuhl ...
  • Progress on moving in
    ... after I moved in, I finally have all my books, DVDs, and CDs on ... could fill *both* sides with books. ... I bought two new identical bookcases at Target for $27 ... Anyhow, not only can't I find the terminal server, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: Printing issue.
    ... Contrary to what Intuit may say, you shouldn't make your users Power ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... Quick Books REQUIRES that users be Power Users or be in the ... all of the user printers end up in ...