TS very slow

From: KPM (KPM_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/01/05

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 08:43:02 -0800

HI

I am TS on a windows 2000 server.
>From time to time my TS will become very slow. This happens at different
times for differetn users. I ma not sure what is causing the problem.
I am running on a brand new HP DL 380 server with 3.2 xeon processor and 4
gb RAM.
IF i shutdown the server and restart it, everything becomes normal.
sometimes I have to log off and then try back in 5 mins and everything is
normal.

I am not sure if this is causing the problem.
My users forget to close all the opened applications like outlook, word and
other when they are ready to close.
Next time when they sign in, the applications are still there.
Kindly tell me how to force all the applications to close when the users
signs off and also how to set a inactivity timeout.
I have a group policy in my active directory just for this machine to
restrict certain programs like IE.

Thank you

KPM

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Access Control Best Practices for shared hosting seem at odds with Web Site Starters
    ... the full context of the bullet I quoted appears to be the HTTP POST ... Do not allow anonymous user to have write permission. ... content to the server, then they can write anything onto the server. ... More secure alternatives are applications that store ...
  • Re: TS very slow
    ... you check the answers to you first post? ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... > I am not sure if this is causing the problem. ... > Next time when they sign in, the applications are still there. ...
  • Software Developer Lead for New Mobile Device Product
    ... with a client in Austin who has the following opening. ... is in need of a Passionate Software Developer who is hands-on to lead ... commercial work experience in both web and server side applications. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Can AlbertCos tables be accessed?
    ... You don't have to learn the server side stuff. ... Access is a true RAD web development tool just like ... When you publish report in access web services, you actually wind up with a SQL server report definition report. ... And, even more interesting is this stuff designed around Microsoft's cloud computing initiative, which thus means massively scalable numbers of users for those applications. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • RE: Terminal Services stops responding on our Windows Server 2003
    ... Your terminal server issue appears to have several potential causes. ... first thing to check are the applications running. ... initiate a best practices for deployment of terminal services. ...