Re: Windows 2003 Server function level could not be raised

I must be missing something, as I can't find where to force replication!

Also, I noticed on both servers I'm getting no more end points messages in
the event log... Wonder if that is the source of my problem
about changing the functional level?

"Dean Wells [MVP]" <dwells@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Functional level increases require FSMOs; the PDC is required for domain
> func. level increases and the schema for forest increases. FSMOs must
> meet a requirement at boot known as INITSYNC, which simplified means they
> must replicate successfully with a domain partner if they're the PDC FSMO
> or a domain-or-forest partner if they're the schema FSMO. I'd suggest
> running DSSITE.MSC and forcing replication before trying again.
>
> --
> Dean Wells [MVP / Directory Services]
> MSEtechnology
> [[ Please respond to the Newsgroup only regarding posts ]]
> R e m o v e t h e m a s k t o s e n d e m a i l
>
> John wrote:
>> I tried to raise Windows 2003 function level to native mode by going
>> into active directory trust or active directory computers and users
>>
>> I get the following error: function level could not be raised. The
>> error: directory service is busy
>>
>> any idea's on how to get past this error?

  • Re: Windows 2003 Server function level could not be raised
    ... No more endpoints is generally an indication of a DNS related ... configuration error which will in turn inhibit replication which will ... the FSMOs in question will not service their assigned role ... > problem about changing the functional level? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • RE: NTDS replication problems...
    ... What is the problem in raising functional level of forest to windows 2003? ... replication partner when this error occur, and this is not the case. ... and the functional level of the forest is set to Windows 2000. ... Windows Server 2003. ...
  • Re: Upgrade Functional level error Please Help
    ... Remove the Objects from lost and found, and then force replication. ... Good Luck ... Systems Administrator ... When I went to raise the functional level of the domain from 2000 ...
  • RE: NTDS replication problems...
    ... replication partner when this error occur, and this is not the case. ... Active Directory encountered a write conflict when applying replicated ... and the functional level of the forest is set to Windows 2000. ... Windows Server 2003. ...
  • AD Replication - W2K
    ... I have 2 dc's with replication issues. ... Accounts adding back receive 5723 trust error (I think ... All FSMOs on 1 dc (which doesn't recognize the other ... external time service set and service pack 4 implemented. ...