Re: Manage Printing ..

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 22:11:43 +0400, user wrote:

Thanks for answering me ....
Where i need a script is for the case i want to give a quota for a user (15
pages/day).
I could use an access database to put the user and the number of page
printed..etc...

Thanks again ..

"Jeffery Hicks" <"jhicks[at]SAPIEN.com"> a écrit dans le message de
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:43:42 +0400, user wrote:

Hello,
How to manage printing with a share printer on a windows server 2003 ...
make things like :
- ask for crentential .
- allow printing..

Thanks for helping me....

What more are you hoping to achieve if you have set proper permissions on
the shared printer. If the user isn't in the ACL they can't use the
printer.

I'm trying to see where you need a script. What is the automation
objective?

--
Jeffery Hicks
SAPIEN Technologies - Scripting, Simplified. www.SAPIEN.com

blog: http://blog.SAPIEN.com
blog: http://jdhitsolutions.blogspot.com

Using a script for something like that is really a hack. You'd need to
monitor the print queue, grab the user id, grab the number of pages in
their print job then store it in the database. You'd also need some
mechanism to intercept the print job, check the database and if OK, resume
sending the print job. I think that would take some clever coding even for
an experienced scripter.

You'd be better off investing in "real" print quota software if this is
important to your business.

--

.