Re: Launching program from Start Button -- Problem with Quotes

lets see your code,
my guess it has something to do with quotes ""

<mr_ravi_patil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I want to launch an IDE and build a project file.

If I type the following in a DOS command line it works OK:

cmdide.exe /b "c:\projects\software\FIRMWARE 3.0\Master 3.0.mcp"

When I enter the same thing on the Windows Start | Run edit field --
it just launches the IDE without opening the project file.

I think it's ignoring the pathname following the executable name. I'm
guessing it needs some quotes.
but then again, it works on the DOS command line.

Why does it work on the DOS command line but not on the Windows
Start | Run command?
Those 2 are not equivalent?

  • Re: Removing directories with no short name
    ... > Windows 2000, that does not have a short name? ... > the DOS command? ... use "del" as usual but put quotes around the ... Charles ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: MS-DOS Problem
    ... > Can anyone give me a DOS command I can put in a batch ... > recreate it with a long path. ... > work' I have tried putting double quotes and everything ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Installing on computer w/out operating system
    ... and will not auto load XP, I must put in a dos command after C:/> ... be at a DOS prompt and do not enter any DOS commands. ... Just boot from the Windows XP CD (change the BIOS boot order if necessary to ... Please reply to the newsgroup ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: hide PERSONAL.XLS