Re: File Open Dialog box in Vista

Michael,
Thanks for comments but I get the same error as I did using "UserAccounts.CommonDialog from XP":
ActiveX component can't create object - SAFRCFileDlg.FileSave - Code: 800A01AD
Maybe someone from MSFT may know what the correct object call for File Open/Save dialogs in Windows Vista is from VBScript?
Many thanks though,
Pete Gomersall,

"Michael Harris (MVP)" <mikhar at mvps dot org> wrote in message news:%23%23vgJkq3GHA.5000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pete Gomersall wrote:
Hi all,
I have been using the UserAccounts.CommonDialog from XP with my
VBScripts, however this doesn't seem to work in Vista.
Does anyone know if there is a similar ActiveX object to call in
Vista or Vista specific way to call the Common File Open dialog from
VBScript? Cheers,
Pete Gomersall

Scripting Week 3 Question and Answer Log
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/webcasts/sweek3/day4qanda.mspx>

"...
What is the best alternative to 'UserAccounts.CommonDialog' for an HTA running on Windows 2003 server?

I assume you're looking for the File Open/File Save dialog boxes; you can use the SAFRCFileDlg object. You can find an example of using the File Save dialog box here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/webcasts/sweek3/you-found-it.mspx.
..."

...which points you to...

The Scripting Week 3 Giveaway
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/webcasts/sweek3/you-found-it.mspx>

Maybe SAFRCFileDlg will work on Vista?

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft MVP Scripting

  • Re: Is anybody else disgusted about the piece of junk called Micro
    ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... Windows Explorer in Vista, and its integration into the Office 2007 file ... the IntelliPoint and IntelliType drivers for mouse & ... I've tried several times to upgrade my C: ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Is anybody else disgusted about the piece of junk called Micro
    ... Maybe that's why some folks say they were "conned" into switching to Vista. ... Herb Tyson MS MVP ... the IntelliPoint and IntelliType drivers for mouse & ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: email icon greyed out in Office Home and Student 97
    ... you're using Win XP or Windows Mail if you're using Vista. ... Microsoft MVP - Publisher ... student user would need. ... unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Is anybody else disgusted about the piece of junk called Micro
    ... Herb Tyson MS MVP ... Vista yet because of the unavailability of drivers for so many things. ... > Windows Mail instead of OE, and handles spelling just fine (and I've ... > As for the grammar checker being a joke... ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Windows Vista Forum
    ... "Samuel" wrote: ... > couldn't hurt to have a central official place to discuss Vista. ... Adding MVP after my name might make my advice carry more weight than it ... It might appear that I speak for Microsoft, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)