Re: remote machine execution

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:51:38 +0800, "James" wrote in microsoft.public.windows.server.scripting:

i also went to sysinternals forum and they gave the same code as u :

psexec \\%1 "%remote_drive%:\%remote_dir_install%\Capinst.exe" /AdvCli /SLP=smsserver

i tried and it only pass the exe over the remote machine without the
arguments
c:\sms_install_files\Capinst.exe exited on nol-b0000586 with error code 0.

Why wasn't the arguments (/AdvCli /SLP=smsserver) passed over ? I m using
1.72 version of psexec.

What makes you think the arguments were not passed?

What happens when you execute the command line locally on machine nol-b0000586? Did
you use any credentials to run the command via psexec, or -s (SYSTEM account)?

I just executed this command:
$ psexec \\host -s cmd.exe /c Echo /AdvCli /SLP

PsExec v1.72 - Execute processes remotely
Copyright (C) 2001-2006 Mark Russinovich
Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

/AdvCli /SLP
cmd.exe exited on mb-nt51n with error code 0.

which shows that all arguments were passed.

I suspect that the process spawned by psexec on the remote PC needs some network
resources which are not available to it.

Why do you want to run Capinst.exe via psexec anyway? I've never used it, but
it seems to me it is normally used in a logon script.

"Michael Bednarek" <ROT13-zo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 08:58:10 +0800, "James" wrote in
microsoft.public.windows.server.scripting:

at my machine, i run psexec in the batch file which resides on remote
machines

psexec \\%1 "%remote_drive%:\%remote_dir_install%\Capinst.exe /AdvCli
/SLP=smsserver"

it does not seems to execute and error is:

Starting c:\sms_install_files\Capinst.exe /AdvCli /SLP=smsserver on
<remote
computer>.

PsExec could not start c:\sms_install_files\Capinst.exe /AdvCli
/SLP=smsserveron
< remote computer>:

why is this so ? i have admin permission over remote machines.

The error message is correct and gives a hint. You put the quotes in
the wrong place. Try:

"Clay Calvert" <ccalvert@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message