Re: Login Script user exclusions
- From: "Marty List" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:34:39 -0700
Some random thoughts:
- Where are the users defined that need to be excluded, or how do you plan to
manage the list of users? (security group, OU, text file list, , specific
software exists on the machine, account naming convention, etc.)
- Make sure the login script is defined to run via the GPO, and not in each user
- If this GPO only assigns the login script, you can use permissions on the GPO
to deny them access. If the GPO does other things then that won't work. You
could remove the login script from that GPO and create on specifically for it.
- From within adlogin.bat, you could check for group or OU membership and exit
Provide more details.
"Jsioui" <Jsioui@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is there any way I can exclude users from running the adlogin.bat? Due to
lack of software distribution tools we have to install MS patches via login
script but need to exclude a number of users due to FDA restrictions. Win
Server 2003 with AD and GP. Workstations are W2K, NT and XP.
- Prev by Date: Re: [MSH] Quick Poll
- Next by Date: Re: Login Script user exclusions
- Previous by thread: [MSH] Quick Poll
- Next by thread: Re: Login Script user exclusions