Looking for VBS (??) script to report local policies

I'm preparing for an expected IT audit in the upcoming future. The
problem is, I'm now faced with performing a pre-emptive audit on
multiple Windows 2000/2003 servers that I just started working on about
4 weeks ago (I have no personal knowledge of there setup before that).

I'm trying to audit each of these server for various issues. Among my
most involved issues so far have been local security policies and event
log configurations.

I did manage to find a VBS Script on Microsoft (called
Policyrulesreport.vbs) that looked like it may work. However, there's
a policy in effect on the servers that blocks ActiveX component use
(imagine that). Does anyone know of another script that I might use to
generate reports for this information? Thanks!

Bob Wiley

  • Re: HELP - File Auditing
    ... > We have performed all of the below on many servers with no results... ... Auditing must be enabled on ... > individual objects for audit events to be logged. ... >>audit policy setting take effect only when the policy ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: HELP - File Auditing
    ... We have performed all of the below on many servers with no results... ... Enabling either success or failure event auditing does ... individual objects for audit events to be logged. ... >audit policy setting take effect only when the policy ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: PAM & RSA (SuSE Linux+OpenSSH)
    ... It is necessary the use of audit program on the servers. ... If you just want to audit access then you can use the PAM account or ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: AD access
    ... An IT auditor is assessing risk and creating or evaluating controls. ... I know thats a pretty high level pass over on IT audit plans, ... > of an internal audit organization and we need access to all servers, ...
  • Re: Email Notification of User Login via RWW
    ... can use a VBS script to check logon/off times in the eventlog. ... If you are going to audit don't just audit one person/machine. ... They are a remote user. ... Do you need real time or just reporting? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)