Re: DLL nightmares ...

From: CRIS HANNA \(SBS-MVP\) (crishannanospam_at_computingpossibilities.net)
Date: 06/29/04

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:24:50 -0500

Sarah
To give you the definitive answer regarding your DLL question. No you can
not redirect where those go.
You will notice for instance when installing Real Player, you don't even get
the option for a custom install. With Office you can do a custom install,
but the programmer's did specify where certain files (DLLs for instance) had
to in order to properly interact. This is going to be true with most
custom installs. You can specify where you want the majority of files in a
custom location, some files will still go to the location specified in
programming.

Hope that clears it up for you

--
Cris Hanna (SBS-MVP)