http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

-Larry
-Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit.
-Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com

our old IT guy set this up. how do i disable it with out messing up
our email?

bob.smith.018 wrote:

Exchange Server 2003 Smart Host
07-Jan-08
Hi All,

Would appreciate any help available:

Please correct me if I am wrong: A Smart Host on the SMTP Connector of
Exchange Server 2003 on SBS allolws me to specify an outgoing SMTP
server, rather than using my own Exchange server to send the email
out. In other words, I can forward all of my outgoing mail to say,
Google's SMTP server, and have them send the mail out rather than us
sending the mail out.

Therefore, how would I go about configuring a Smart Host to deliver
mail in the following scenario:

1 We POP the mail from our mail server
2 We send messages out using a different (external) mail server with
its own SSL port and requires authentication
Appreciated,

Thanks.

On Monday, January 07, 2008 9:47 PM
Please correct me if I am wrong: A Smart Host on the SMTP Connector of
Exchange Server 2003 on SBS allolws me to specify an outgoing SMTP
server, rather than using my own Exchange server to send the email
out. In other words, I can forward all of my outgoing mail to say,
Google's SMTP server, and have them send the mail out rather than us
sending the mail out.

Therefore, how would I go about configuring a Smart Host to deliver
mail in the following scenario:

1 We POP the mail from our mail server
2 We send messages out using a different (external) mail server with
its own SSL port and requires authentication
Appreciated,

Thanks.

On Tuesday, January 08, 2008 12:18 AM