Re: SBS 2008 "Run as Admin" Missing

I think I 'bugged' this in the beta. I'll have to go and look and see if I
found a work-around. If this was it I did find a convaluted way around it.

ColinA wrote:
Well, that's what I always thought..., and I have added printers
before..., but I could swear that you needed to right click and do
the "Run as Administrator"...

If I just try to add a 32 bit printer via the Control Panel it won't
let me do it, saying the driver is not a 64 bit..., and fails....

Could also be that I am missing something too..., but I was sure it
was quite easy before...

Regards

"Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT]" <aceman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:OzG7DIexKHA.4492@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"ColinA" <colin@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Help!!!!

I think I'm going bonkers here...

I'm just trying to add a 32 bit printer to my SBS 2008 server...

I'm sure when I set this server up I worked out this right click on
the ADD
PRINTER and select "Run as Administrator" to elevate the level of
the install...

I'm logged in as the Admin and run up Control Panel and right click
on the
ADD PRINTER and there are NO options to "Run as Administrator"..?,
where have they all gone...?, I've tried everything, can any one
help me...? Something must have got turned off here..., but I've no idea
what...

Thanks in advance....

Unless I'm missing something here, you are already logged on as the
domain administrator, so you can easily install any printers you
like based on the context of being logged on as such.

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit
among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your
resolution.

Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007,
MCSE & MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance,
please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check
http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

--
/kj

  • Re: SBS 2008 "Run as Admin" Missing
    ... Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, ... MCSE & MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003 ... Microsoft MVP - Directory Services ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Reading Email while onLine
    ... Sandi Hardmeier, Microsoft MVP is STILL out there trying to ... >> I actually raised a substantive and new security issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Reading Email while onLine
    ... Sandi Hardmeier, Microsoft MVP is STILL out there trying to ... >> I actually raised a substantive and new security issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Wandering Lines
    ... A Style is simply a name given to a collection of formatting. ... each kind of paragraph is the way you want it. ... Normal anything in Word is Microsoft Euphemism ... Microsoft MVP, ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Intellipoint Software > 5.5 causes screen flickering
    ... Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP ... I did update to intellipoint v.6.0, with no change in the flickering. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)