Port blockage or ????

Win2K3 all MS updates
WinXP Pro clients all MS updates
IE 7 or IE 8

I'm attempting to connect to a selected port on a Windows 2003 SBS server.
My URL configuration is http://123.45.67.89:Port#/MyAppClient/login.aspx.
I'm continuing to get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".
I'm thinking it's a block port (hardware firewall, Windows firewall or other
software) although I can access the appropriate software internally (without
the external IP address).
How can I or is there a way to determine IF a port is block or used etc.?
Is there 'freeware' software to diagnose the problem? At the current time
I'm attempting to determine IF the problem is on 'my end' or 'at the server's
end' or '???'
TIA!

  • Re: Virus/adware/spyware -- is there all-in-one protection in one program?
    ... Kent, thank you. ... I have all Windows Updates installed. ... I have a hardware firewall -- SonicWALL. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Virus/adware/spyware -- is there all-in-one protection in one program?
    ... Kent, thank you. ... I have all Windows Updates installed. ... I have a hardware firewall -- SonicWALL. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: keeping ports open
    ... If a port is open, it means that 1) a software or service is running on your ... and 2) you're not using a firewall or your firewall isn't ... Use firewall software and hardware and antivirus software that is ... Follow the instructions for hardening Windows and IIS at ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • [Full-Disclosure] ron1n phone home, episode 4
    ... Hacking from Windows 3.x, 95 and NT ... Use secret Windows 95 DOS commands to track down and port surf computers ... Download hacker tools such as port scanners and password crackers designed ... Now you have the option of eight TCP/IP utilities to play with: telnet, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
    ... > server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... open ports; however, this will not identify which program is using the port. ...