SBS2003 Company web broken, but http://companyweb/default.aspx works

I was at a customers today where the COMPANY web entry into IE actually
downloads a web.config file, but it's really a packed binary and not a
web.config file.

Opening http://companyweb/default.aspx works fine, as does
companyweb/default.aspx.

I have checked all of the IIS Manager settings for the COMPANY web site,
all tabs and boxes match another working SBS server. the default.aspx is
in the documents list.

I have used the BPA and it passes

I have restarted the server, but HTTP://COMPANYWEB fails and wants to
download a file, but http://companyweb/default.aspx works fine.

Any ideas?

Trust yourself.
spam999free@xxxxxxxxxx (remove 999 for proper email address)

  • Re: Tad confused about remote Admin access.
    ... I recently had to work on a client's x20e-@ with 10.x on it...and I dang near forgot HOW! ... Now if they could only figure out why downloads start and then stall, but work on the second try.... ... how the web blocker properly supports wild-cards - you can black list ... Trust yourself. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Imagine if we have Delphi IDE as portable apps
    ... Michael Fritz wrote: ... Unfortunately some if not all of those downloads are on CN domains which I ... I also don't trust them but I did download them and try them on a fresh VM with just XP installed and it worked! ... If it works it means isolating Delphi IDE from .NET is possible and someone with very understanding of Delphi IDE should look into this.... ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • There are so many downloads
    ... My system has listed 38 different Automatice Updates I should install. ... do I know if I can trust these downloads? ... Sceurity Updates for Wndows XP Home ... from downloads, and I'd like to know what I'm downloading is from Microsoft, ...
  • Re: Reinstall RWW / Company Web on SBS 03 OLD Server