File Permissions on Copied Files

We recently had to rebuild our SBS 2003 server, but we had saved the old
disks with all our data on them. We copied the directory containing all our
data (spreadsheets, letters, etc.) from the old disk to the new server and
then shared the base directory. I need all the people on the network to be
able to read and write to all the subfolders of the base, shared directory.
But, all the sharing and permissions tabs are grayed out on the subfolders,
as is the "inherit permissions from parent" checkbox. How do I change
permissions? Right now, no one has write access.

Thanks.

  • Re: List folder permissions
    ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Security ... > running windows server 2003. ... > permissions set on a group of folders and subfolders. ... > all the permissions, as this would be a very long and tedious process. ...
  • Re: I NEED HELP PROTECTING SERVER FOLDERS
    ... Which folders? ... Should users have permissions to create subfolders themselves? ... Also, if you're running W2003 or higher on the server, Volume ...
  • file permissions
    ... I have a few shares on a server that users can list/view and they have ... What permissions should should I assign to subfolders ...
  • Re: write with cURL
    ... execute permissions. ... of potential security risks from other users on the same server. ... I made this suggestion because their web host appears to run Apache ... risk to allow Apache's group write access, since all PHP scripts ran ...
    (alt.php)
  • RE: Windows 2003 Server - Everyone Group
    ... this folder only accessable by the users in the "special" group. ... Configure User and Group Access on an Intranet in Windows Server ... NTFS files system permissions control ... group that you want to set permissions for, click Check Names to verify the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)