Re: The following error occurred: Access is denied.

let me add important information:

NETLOGON - 5722
The session setup from the computer HPXX failed to authenticate. The
name(s) of the account(s) referenced in the security database is HPXX$. The
following error occurred: Access is denied.

"ZielonySBS" <ZielonySBS@xxxxx> wrote in message
Dear all,

I managed to connect Linux client to SBS2K3 AD. Everything works fine as
long as I boot up the same client in Windows and log in the same user.

Both systems are in the same company domain.local. The user has to have 2
systems on the same machine.

On the server I have a report:

The session setup from the computer HPXX failed to authenticate. The
name(s) of the account(s) referenced in the security database is HPXX$.
The following error occurred: Access is denied.

Whats more If I boot it up in Wndows I still can log in but I cant log in
under Linux boot any more.

Any clue what to change ?

Cheers,

Tom

  • NetLogon error in event viewer - Event ID 5722
    ... The session setup from the computer PAYROLL failed to ... authenticate. ... security database is PAYROLL$. ... Any suggestion ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server)
  • server
    ... machine cannot authethicate users. ... session setup from the computer TRUSTING_DC failed to ... authenticate. ... of the accountreferenced in the security database is ...
  • Re: Netap san 2008 DC-pdc
    ... Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup ... When i look in the system log on the 2008 DC i see some NETLOGON issues comming from my netapp SAN event id 5805 and 5722. ... "The session setup from the computer IRV-SAN-NA1 failed to authenticate. ... The nameof the accountreferenced in the security database is IRV-SAN-NA1$. ...
  • I just inherited a Windows 2k3 domain filled with NETLOGON errors
    ... The session setup from the computer computername failed to authenticate. ... This may lead to authentication problems. ... database does not contain a trust account 'computername$' referenced by the ...
  • Event id 5722
    ... The session setup from the computer name failed to ... authenticate. ... I try the command Netdom reset, ... I have to disjoin the computer from the domain and get it ...