Re: SBS2008 Why is port 80 opened by default?

I see that port 80 needs to be open on the SBS2008 firewall for companyweb,
but why would it open that port via uPnP on my router?

Thanks.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

ComputerFields wrote:
I don't understand.

All the default remote access methods RWW/OWA etc... go through other
ports. What is port 80 used for?

Thanks.

Redirects?
Just because something is listening on the LAN doesn't mean you should
expose it to the Internet through your firewall.

  • Re: Turning on Media Sharing in WMP11
    ... I believe it forms quite a reasonable network media device. ... Turning on SSDP (it was disabled as was uPnP) to Manual and then UPnP ... If there is a firewall, or NAT, built into your ... You need to open port s: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Turning on Media Sharing in WMP11
    ... picture frame to my server and the frame could view the pictures remotely. ... Turning on SSDP (it was disabled as was uPnP) to Manual and then UPnP also ... If there is a firewall, or NAT, built into your router, ... You need to open port s: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Routers Firewall
    ... I ask him do you have a firewall and he says yes. ... I still have an IDS/firewall on all my machines behind the router. ... > to connect to a port your public IP address the router would reject the ... > An open port on the router could be connected to a service running on the ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Possible Mail Relay or just new usages of returned mail by spammers
    ... If you have ANY type of firewall, be it a NAT router or true firewall ... ISA can be used in conjunction with the router/firewall, but if you do, you ... to be done twice...once in ISA, and once in the router to port forward to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Home firewall Hits
    ... >Port 162 with a UDP message. ... than theres nothing blocking access from the internet to your router. ... >Subject: Home firewall Hits ... >simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs ...
    (Security-Basics)