Re: Network , Static IP / Router, Ports

didn't you have another thread on your ACT sync problem? opening a 2nd is just wasting people's time.

"GTP" <GTP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4A054CC7-4D7B-4B8B-B982-CE79615286BD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think the listening process would be the ACT sync manager itself, set to
listen. But, can I implement another process for SBS to listen on Port 65100
as well?

There are no problems when actually on the LAN syncing to ACT, only when
doing it remotely. The router we have is a business grade Linksys router.

"SuperGumby [SBS MVP]" wrote:

to 'telnet' to a port the port must not only be forwarded from your router
to SBS but there must be some process on SBS listening at the port number.

Also, you may be hitting a common limitation of your router, an inability to
process 'loopback' connections. A loopbacl connection, in respect of
routing, is where a connection is attempted from inside the LAN to the WAN
interface of the router, this connection is then expected to be forwarded
from the WAN port to a port on a LAN IP. Very few consumer grade devices,
and a much greater percentage of more advanced devices, perform such
loopback properly.

> Did I need to do something additional in network properties when > setting
> up
> the server (sbs08) on the network.
>
> I have a static IP in the router and used the wizard to connect to the
> internet. Everything works great except:
>
> The reason I am asking is that no matter what port I setup on the > router
> foward to the server IP, I cannot telnet in (besides 1723 and 80 work).
>
> Do I need to change the DNS or something in the network properties to
> match
> the static IP/dns infor given from the ISP?
>
> I am trying to setup 65100 and have no locuk, not blocked by ISP > either,
> then I started setting up other random ports and I can't telnet in > meaning
> there closed.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

  • Re: Using Remote Desktop From an SBS Domain
    ... when you tried to RDP while attached directly to a port on your router? ... So if 3389 needs forwarded on the client end too then that is what the ... Hopefully next week I can attempt a connection while my ISP watches the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Using Remote Desktop From an SBS Domain
    ... when you tried to RDP while attached directly to a port on your router? ... Internet to initiate an IP conversation with your computer. ... This situation is different than if you ran your own NAT connection sharing ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Setting up Home Network w/ 2 Routers
    ... successfully got my 2Wire, Netgear, and Linksys playing nicely. ... Connected the LAN port #1 of 2Wire to the WAN port of the Netgear. ... connection type and all for me. ... If you add another router to the mix, just make sure to disable the ...
  • How did they get behind my NAT?
    ... this point I panicked and shutdown the VNC service ASAP. ... My question is how the attacker got to my VNC port! ... the internet through the router. ... client connection using local port number 5900 (which was also being ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Can not access Web and FTP sites from Internet
    ... your IP Configuration on the Server is correctly. ... Connecting To 12.208.215.87...Could not open connection to the host, ... 1> From the result, we can see the telnet failed, which means the router ... does not forward Port 443 to SBS Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)