Re: Webcam with SBS-2003

On Dec 3, 6:50 pm, "Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]"
<mwport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Make sure the firewall security on the Westell router is set to "Medium" so
that NAT port forwarding will function properly.

I'm not sure why he has thewebcamin a subnet by itself (192.168.2.x)
unless he was trying to create some kind of DMZ for the camera.  This
shouldn't be necessary.  It should be able to exist just fine outside of
your SBS (LAN) network, attached to a port on the Westell router with an IP
address in the same range as the LAN side of the router (e.g.,
192.168.2.245).  I think I'd keep the 192.168.2.245 IP address for the
camera.  Otherwise you might have to go into the camera software, then find
and change that IP address.  I'd rather not play with the camera software
configuration at this point.  However, keeping the existing IP of the camera
means you would need to change the subnet of the LAN side of the router to
192.168.2.x, then change the port forwarding for the three ports to
192.168.2.245.  Also, the external SBS NIC would then need to be changed to
192.168.2.2.  Finally, CEICW would need to be re-run to configure the SBS
NICs and the network.  All of this is easily reversible if it fails to
resolve the problem.

The switch attached to the router is not necessary (but could be left in
place if desired) since the router has 4 LAN ports.  As mentioned, the SBS
external NIC can be attached directly to a port on the router and given an
IP in the same range as the LAN side of the router (e.g., 192.168.2.2).  In
the router, the ports for the camera would then be forwarded to thewebcam's
IP address (192.168.2.245) for access via the Internet.  I don't believe
there needs to be any services set up in the SBS CEICW configuration but it
shouldn't hurt to leave them there as they are now.

+  Change Port Forwarding on Westell to:
        83 on 192.168.2.245
        65310 on 192.168.2.245
        65311 on 192.168.2.245

Internet

Westell Router (WAN)
Westell Router (LAN 192.168.2.1)  => CanonWebcam(192.168.2.245)

SBS External NIC  (192.168.2.2)
SBS Internal NIC (192.168.1 20)
Switch with workstations (192.168.1.x) attached

PDF file of the camera manualhttp://www.generalmanual.com/Digital-Camera/Canon-VB-C50iR-PTZ-Networ...

Port Forwarding for the Westell Versalink 327Whttp://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Westell/Versal...

Download the Westell VersaLink 327W Users Guides and USB Drivershttp://www.dsl-warehouse.com/product_info.php?products_id=181

--