Re: POP3 Connector hiding mail

Hi again!
I have tried to do the setup and to trigger the settings for the server
multiple times by now, but every time, it all just comes down to one single
Warning message in the log: The message could not be routed due to that the
recipient's email domain does not match any local email domains. I have set
up the email domain domainname.se (as I am in Sweden). When the user then
presented me with the fact that she wanted to have her email address
downloaded to the server, I thought that it would be just ok, but no, it
wasn't. The adress that I am using in the POP3-connector is like
user1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Since the ispaddress.com is not in the server, I do not
know how to get past this error message in the POP3 Log. I figure that this
could be a reason to why email messages get fully downloaded from the
POP3-server at the ISP but not routed to the correct Exchange account.

When trying to use the advice that Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] supplied, I checked
the Microsoft help in troubleshooting the POP3 connector. Disabling the SMTP
virtual server in the SBS did show me that the messages were downloaded
properly, as they were lying in the %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft Windows Small
Business Server\Networking\POP3\Incoming mail folder. I hence now know that
the messages are encountering trouble when they are routed to the server's
individual Exchange mailboxes.

Does anyone know of a solution to incorporating the ISP email domain into
the SBS configuration, such that the error message from below does not keep
appearing?

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: POP3 Connector
Event Category: Delivery