Error code: 0x8000ffff - Installing Windows Live Messenger

Hi,

I am having problem installing Windows Live Messenger and i just
wondered if anybody could help. Whenever i try to install Windows
Messenger and error message appears sayin:

"There is a problem with this installation. Windows Live Suite was not
installed.
System error details
Code: 0x8000ffff

I dont understand what this message means, or how im meant to repair
it. Can anybody help. Thank you.

--
conor
conor's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/conor.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Error code: 0x8000ffff - Installing Windows Live Messenger
    ... I am having problem installing Windows Live Messenger and i just ... Messenger and error message appears sayin: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • XP Service Pack 2 Reboot Problem
    ... Im getting the aparently famous "winsrv was not found" error message after ... installing Windows XP Service Pack 2. ... I followed the instructions in "875350 How to remove Windows XP Service Pack ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Problem Installing SP2
    ... I'm receiving an error message while installing Windows XP service pack ... The message is "Setup could not verify the integrity of the file ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Microsoft Service Pack
    ... installing windows xp service pack 1 from ... microsoft update site have hit an error message as follows while the ... instalation wizard was backing up files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Windows XP/CD burner compatibility
    ... installing Windows XP, an error message comes up during ... "Cannot attach to driver 'CDUDF.SYS'. ... I have uninstalled/reinstalled the burner software ...