Re: event id 467

OK, chkdsk came out OK on both of my drives. No errors found.

Server was backed up last night, so I guess I will (nervously) run the
hotfix in a little while.

"Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]" wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that too but I saw that the hotfix replace Esent.dll and
thought that might help your issue.

Have you run Chkdsk /f or chkdsk /r on your drive(s). I see there's a
thread where the poster said he finally ran chkdsk /f to fix his Esent 467
error although te error wa slightly different from yours.

DFS Replication not working with event message logged below
(scroll to the bottom of the page)
http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/2003_Server/Q_21907662.html

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

"M. Murphy" <MMurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I just noticed one issue with that hotfix, it states that it fixes the
issue
that 467 is logged in the Directory Services event log
and I am getting it in the application log. Should I still run this
hotfix?

"Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]" wrote:

Hmmm... could be that upgrading to Windows 2003 SP2 would fix this.

An "Event ID 467" database corruption error may be intermittently logged
in
the Directory Services event log on a Windows Server 2003-based domain
controller
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902396

or maybe get the hotfix from Microsoft.

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

"M. Murphy" <MMurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have not gone any farther yet, but I did a scan with the SBS BPA
yesterday,
that was a suggestion in the other group.
found nothing too bad, my backup disk was getting full, my NIC driver
is
getting old, a warning about installing Win Server 2003 SP2 may fail (i
didnt
install sp2 yet), an OWA update for exchange has not been installed yet
(vista compatibility) and a warning that WSUS 3.0 has not been
installed
yet.

"Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]" wrote:

Before you go further, install, update and run a scan with the SBS
2003
BPA
to see if it can find any problems:

Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Best Practices Analyzer
http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/details.aspx?familyid=3874527A-DE19-49BB-800F-352F3B6F2922&displaylang=en

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

"M. Murphy" <MMurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Merv,
I am using Trend's SMB anti virus, and the box that says "Exclude
Microsoft
Exchange server folders when installed on Microsoft Exchange server"
is
checked. This trial version just expired recently, and I have it on
my
list
to buy it before we start using exchange. Now that I look deep into
the
logs
I see that the errors have been occuring before trend was installed.
Used
have a computer associates product on there, but it expired and was
removed.
I never really worried about an AV product on the server, since we
didnt
use
it for email. All workstations are protected.
Exchange does seem to work properly in the limited way we use it,
and
it
did
pass the tests performed by the Exchange BPA. The only thing the BPA
barked
about was that the paging file was too big.

If an anti virus did scan the wrong folder and corrupted the outlog
table,
how can I (or should I ) fix it?

Thanks!

"Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]" wrote:

Is your antivirus scanning NTFRS Jet Database files?

Outlog table corrupted
http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/windows-server-dfs-frs/1838/Outlog-table-corrupted

Here's a <long> list of what not to scan (either realtime or
scheduled
scan)
from Larry
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs/browse_thread/thread/14602f42600a1af5/f6711895182132e6?hl=en&lnk=st&q=TS+Member+Server+larry#f6711895182132e6

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

"M. Murphy" <MMurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I originally posted this question in the exchange.general group
and
it
was
suggested that I post it here, ran exchange BPA and did not get
an
answer.
original post:
Hi,
Have a SBS2003 system that up until now has not been using
exchange.
We
have been getting our email via pop3 on each workstation. We are
finally
about to get cable run to our location, and a static IP.
We are going to start using exchange (yea!) after this is all
hooked
up.
have been trying to prepare for the switch, I know how to start
using
it,
but
there is a bunch of errors in the event log, event 467 source
ESENT,
ntfrs
(1064) Index GChangeOrderGuid of table OUTLOGTable00001 is
corrupted
(0).
They seem to be in bunches of 3 at a time, and happen at least 3
times
day,
first at 5:30 am ish, after a online defragmentation of the
information
store, second around 1:30pm which does not seem related to
anything
else
in
the logs, and again at 9:30pm ish which also does not seem to be
connected
anything else in the log just before it happens.
As far as I can tell, exchange works, we use the shared calendars
little
bit, I can send and recieve test emails sent thru exchange
internally,
(by
sending a message to user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

Should I worry about these errors? Any errors in the logs make
me
nervous!
I can'
t really find anything out there that matches this.
KB 824077 is kind of close, but the database is named
KB 329817, is a little close, but none of the other errors are
logged.

Thanks!

.