Event ID: 4292
Date: 25/07/2008
Time: 12:06:38 PM
User: N/A
Computer: GLIDDEN-SBS2K3
The IPSec driver has entered Block mode. IPSec will discard all inbound
and outbound TCP/IP network traffic that is not permitted by boot-time
IPSec Policy exemptions. User Action: To restore full unsecured TCP/IP
connectivity, disable the IPSec services, and then restart the computer.
For detailed troubleshooting information, review the events in the
Security event log.

Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 54 00 ......T.
0008: 00 00 00 00 c4 10 00 c0 ....Ä..À
0010: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

So I disabled IPSEC and rebooted the server. Got the network back and was
then able to enable and start IPSEC.

What was this all about?

Cheers,
Bill

  • Re: SBS Server keeps shutting down
    ... as we have had a few power cuts recently and the server kept chugging along. ... I have no idea what IPSec is ... multiple reboot mentioned above and some other troubleshooting steps ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: L2TP/IPSec Verbindung läuft mit XP SP2 nicht mehr
    ... In XPSP2 the IPsec driver needs a registry setting when either the ... server or workstation are behind a NAT gateway. ... 1- Client initiates to a server that is behind the NAT ... > Peer Private Addr ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.networking)
  • Re: Should I install Certificate Authority to solve these problems ?
    ... You can use IPsec with or without certs from your PKI. ... negotiations to your AD machines or those trusting the ... > In the item 1 below, the tool in use is a HP server management tool (type ... >>> Management is pushing to get Certificate Authority ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: SP1 install and win2k3 server 2003
    ... server what other programs/drivers are loaded if AV was or not installed on ... I'm not going to install SP1 again until I know what went wong, ... IpSec are not blocking the system connetivity. ...
  • Re: Unexpected shutdown
    ... - HP NC7761 Gigabit Server: ... - The IPSec Driver is starting in Bypass mode. ... - The Exchange IFS driver loaded successfully. ... Is anything scheduled at that time within scheduler? ...