Re: Backup to another domain

When you connect to the share (or map the drive) it'll ask you to enter username/password. There is usually an option to save those credentials. A checkbox. Note that it only applies to the user logged in and mapping the drive.

-Cliff

"nikj_dk" <nikjdk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:37FDD0D9-61A3-4713-AEAB-AAC679E0CC7F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for the answer.

How do I save credentials to another domain?
--
Regards,
Niels P.

"mct@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" wrote:

If you just want to dump the backup to a file that's on another domain
server's shared drive, then yes you can do it. You'll need to do a persistent
drive mapping and save the credentials to the other domain, and you'll have
to make sure the SBS is logged in at the time of the backup so the mapped
drive gets created.

"nikj_dk" wrote:

> Hi forum,
>
> Is it possible to backup a SBS2003 to a Windows Server 2003 which is on
> another domain?
> -- > Regards,
> Niels P.

  • Re: Backup Exec 11d - weird System Account credential failures, maybe SQL issue
    ... but the first backup job ... "Authentication failed on connection to the server - make sure tha ... "successful - used server credentials" ... like 30 seconds - but is successful) ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Backup Exec 11d - weird System Account credential failures, maybe SQL issue
    ... but the first backup job ... It turns out that BE has a nifty feature - Select Volume Credentials - for ... something weird - the top icon (server) says "a communications failure has ... 'SQL Browser - 'the config of the AdminConnection\TCP protocol in the SQL ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Backup Exec 11d - weird System Account credential failures, maybe SQL issue
    ... but the first backup job ... It turns out that BE has a nifty feature - Select Volume Credentials - for ... something weird - the top icon (server) says "a communications failure has ... 'SQL Browser - 'the config of the AdminConnection\TCP protocol in the SQL ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Backup Exec 11d - weird System Account credential failures, maybe SQL issue
    ... but the first backup job ... It turns out that BE has a nifty feature - Select Volume Credentials - for ... It is really odd - totally intermittent and I can't see any logic at all. ... Don't get it - I never got asked anything about SQL in the install. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Backup up DHCP
    ... main reason though is I generate a daily backup folder with the date so I ... I would be curious to know what credentials it uses. ... same the data toa seperate partition. ...