How do I get an email posted from a pc on the SBS server to send its email to exchange and outside to a yahoo address too?
- From: "Derek" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 17:44:30 +0100
My client has his email and website hosted. Any emails he recieves are
forwarded to his yahoo email account. He uses the yahoo webmail account all
day long. The problem I have is that after setting him up on the SBS2003
server, any emails sent using his Outlook user email (on SBS Exchange) are
not getting forwarded to the Yahoo email address. So, if he checks his
email on yahoo he cannot see any sent internal email, only emails that are
I am guessing that Exchange is seeing the email is addressed to it's email
domain and then thinking "I don't need to send this anywhere, it's already
arrived to me, I will just put it into the user's email box." How do I
"fix" this so that a copy is forwarded onto his Yahoo email address too?
Currently I do not have a MX record setup at the hosting company, is this
Other question, related:
I understand that I can setup an MX record like the two the hosting company
currently use, except use a lower number for the priority so that this SBS
Exchange server tries to collect the email first. Will this still mean that
the hosting company will forward his email to his yahoo account, or will I
need to forward any emails to the yahoo account?
I'm new to a lot of this, but keen to learn it.
By the way, this group has been an excellent source of info, in fact it's
the best source I've used.
- Prev by Date: Re: Can't access Companyweb
- Next by Date: Re: MS - Blocking a site
- Previous by thread: Re: "Error 678 the remote computer did not respond" VPN outside a firewall.
- Next by thread: Re: How do I get an email posted from a pc on the SBS server to send its email to exchange and outside to a yahoo address too?