Re: VPN, mapped drives
- From: "Corey" <czinn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:24:44 -0400
Thanks for the response. I've looked into what you suggested, but I'm still
seeing the same behavior:
- VPN connects, but can't browse to shared folders on server.
- If I try to use a mapped drive that is already set up, I get the
message, "The local device name is already in user. This connection has not
- If I go to Run and type \\servername\sharedfoldername (exact same path
as mapped drive above), I get the message, "The network path was not found."
I should note that this server only has one NIC, which I'm sure changes the
configuration for VPN access. I have setup a Forward Lookup Zone based on
info I've found, but that didn't seem to help. I most likely don't have it
set up correctly, but I'm not sure what to do next. Any suggestions would be
appreciated. Let me know if you need more info.
"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" <noreply@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Sound like name resolution issue. You may want to enable WINS. Or this
search result may help,
Name resolution on VPNTo assign the DNS and WINS to a VPN client for name
resolution, you should configure VPN server with the IP addresses of the
appropriate DNS and WINS ...
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
"Corey" <czinn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I've gotten some good help here recently, so I thought I'd try again. I
enabled remote access on our SBS 2003, and set the properties for a
user to allow access for this user. This user has a laptop that is
connected to our network, and can see the shared drives on the SBS while
our network. When connecting through the VPN while not on our network, the
laptop appears to connect to the VPN ok, but the mapped drives are not
available, and can not be accessed by going to run and typing
I don't have experience with setting up VPN's, so I'm sure there is
something (or more than one thing!) that I am missing. Any suggestions
- VPN, mapped drives
- From: Corey
- VPN, mapped drives
- Prev by Date: Re: Unable to remove computer from Manage Client Computers.
- Next by Date: Re: Can't Install ISA!
- Previous by thread: VPN, mapped drives
- Next by thread: Re: VPN, mapped drives