Re: Problems adding a File Server to SBS-2003 ...

Hi Reda;

Notting is one of the things I do best. :-)

Windows Firewall will indeed stop pinging. If you doubt that, turn the
firewall on again and test.

Larry

"Reda Hanna" <RedaHanna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks all for your help ...

The problem was simply the Windows Firewall, which was ON as Larry has
notted ...

For some other reason, the pinging was not working, but now it is although
don't think that pinging has anything to do with the Firewall being ON ...

Have a wonderful evening !!!

"Reda Hanna" wrote:

Yesterday, I have added a new File Server to our Domain which is running
Small Business Server 2003 ...

The new File Server can see the Network and can access the Shared Folders
on
the SBS-2003 ....

My problem is that all Computers, including the SBS-2003, cannot access
ang
Shared Folders on the new File Server ...

If I even try to RDC to the new File Server, I will get an error message
"Connectivity to the Remote Desktop could not be established ..." ... I
also
get the same error when I try to use the Remote Web Workplace ...

Although I can see the Server Name under the DHCP Leases with a valid IP
Address, I cannot ping that address as it returns Request Time-Out ...

Any guidelines will be really appreciated ...

Thanks for your help ...

Reda

.