Re: Connect users from remote branch office to SBS

Why would you want to get rid of your ISA? Use that for secure access to the
internet and for RWW.

If you do want to go the hardware VPN route, the easiest would be to join
the servers at HQ first and then take them to the remote offices. But you
can also do it over the VPN (will be slow). You use the "connect" the same
way you would at HQ. You also need to make some routing entries first so
your SBS and your workstations at HQ can find the remote offices and vice
versa. Properly configured your workstations at the remote offices will
authenticate to the server at that office and they will only use the VPN for
access to HQ and the other remote office.

With option 2 all you need to do is to configure Outlook over http at the
remote offices. The number of connections with RWW depend on how many CALs
you have. With the number of people you are talking about there shouldn't be
any bandwidth problem.

If you are new to this and don't have much experience with network setups
and routing principles I really would recommend going with option 2 or hire
a consultant to help you set up your VPN structure.

--
Claus