Re: No DHCP in administrative tools

Mark, I want to stress that I'm in unchartered waters, and also that it
seems there's been a couple of anomolies since before your 1st post.

I think we need to remove and reinstall IIS using
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320202/en-us
How to remove and to reinstall IIS on a computer that is running Exchange
Server

in order to get the default web site back in normal condition. SBS
components run in the default web site.

The complication I'm unsure of here is CRM, not a personal strength.

I _think_ we can save the current CRM website config from IIS manager
(rt-clk, all task, save config as file), remove/reinstall IIS, bring back
the CRM site from the config file. I just need to check with some friends.

This should return the defaiult site, including Exchange folders (you
mention reinstalling Exchange earlier, dunno why) and the SBS stuff. We may
also have to recreate 'companyweb', including the sharepoint related stuff.
Stuff related to 'Server Tools' reinstall failure.

THEN we can get into DHCP and using the wiz to configure it.

HOLD OFF for now though. Let's see what comment I get back.

"Markh" <Markh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ok, so now i have everything backed up. Plus i have taken CRM offline in
outlook with all leads contacts etc. So even if CRM is down for a few
days,
I can make due. Plus I have 3 support events I am willing to burn. Lets
face it if I can not get SBS to work and then CRM is kinda worthless.

I will also tell you that some shifting has occured becasue of me wrongly
deleting Share Point Administration instead of Share Point Central
Administration. Plus trying to follow the kb to reinstall the company web
site which i don't think ever got installed properly if at all.

Whats the worst case I have to format and reinstall sbs using the
deployment
wizard.

"Markh" wrote:

About CRM, I will make a seperate back up of that and the work flows
Customizations etc etc etc. while you think. As far as Small Business
financials its installed step and fully backed up already and has never
been
used.

"SuperGumby [SBS MVP]" wrote:

OK, so you don't have a 'Default Web Site'.

and CRM is not where I expect it. A default SBS install has four sites:
Default Web Site - ID1
Microsoft SharePoint Administration - ID2
SharePoint Central Administration - ID3
companyweb - ID4

NOW HEAR THIS. I'm not in a comfort zone. It seems things have been
done in
a non-standard manner from the start and we may have to work around
some
things (eg. I don' wanna break your CRM, assuming it's functional and
you're
using it).

Thinking.

"Markh" <Markh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Microsoft CRM 3.0
identifier 3
Microsoft SharePoint Administration
identifier 5
SharePoint Central Adminstration
identifier 6

all state they are running, infact i can hit all websites including
all
internal web sites for CRM. (which you know is a big relief)

"SuperGumby [SBS MVP]" wrote:

OK, we need to install the DHCP service, but we're gonna hold of a
mo' on
that, I want to look at IIS and why you had a problem re-installing
the
server tools.

In computer management, expand IIS, expand websites, which sites do
you
have?

"Markh" <Markh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
No DHCP Server is not listed.

This is what I see in order so you can verify that I looked in the
right
place, also IIS does not have red x infront of it.

Telephony
Services
WMI Control
SQL Server Config
Indexing Service
Wins
DNS
Fax
Rounting and Remote Access
Internet Information Services.

I switched back to the D Link Router and will draw DHCP from that
because
lost connectivity to the internet from the server. I can now hit
the
server
via Remote Connection.

"SuperGumby [SBS MVP]" wrote:

until we get your SBS console back we will use standard 'Computer
Management' to look at things. This is accessed by rt-clk 'My
Computer',
Manage.

Couple of sections of Computer Management we are interested in:
In 'System Tools', Event Viewer. Application and System logs.
In 'Services and Applications', do you see DHCP? If so, does it
have a
red
dot on it?
Also in 'Services and Applications', Services, is the DHCP Server
service
listed?

All the background info helps, tks.

"Markh" <Markh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thank you for your response.

I hope your beer and golf went well and I truly do appreciate
your
efforts
to help me, when I know i really should be paying someone to
fix it.
just
don't have the budget right now.

There is going to be about 30 mins delay on a response, but I
want
try
give you the most accurate answers to your questions so that we
don't
have
waste time with you having to ask me the same question more
than
once.

Just a few answers with out me having to go get into the
server.

Yes i was able to back out of the IP setting but I am no longer
able
get
to the internet now from my server.

I will double check IIS, however there is an icon in the start
menu
now,
and
you can click on it and get to some information page that was
not
working
before. (details in a min.)

When the network was originally installed there were two
different
companies
that did the work, one for SBS and one for MS CRM 3.0 and MS
SBF
9.0.
The
company that did the network (SBS) work had numerous problems
setting
things
up (i believe that they were versed in windows server but not
SBS, i
am
now
learning that there is a huge difference) and in order to get
the
hosted
cisco phone system to work they went with static ip's
controlled by
Edgemark Firewall Router that is no longer involved with the
network.
then
changed the network over to removing the router and just
running it
off
dling router that provied dhcp. In the mean time it was never
necessary
use the network for its intended purpose due to a temporary
change
in
the
business profile. So I give you this information so that you
understand
the
enviroment the server has been in. So i do not believe DHCP
was set
up
origially, also when I looked for it I could not find it.

Is the event log located in the programs file? If so I know
how to
find
it
and will post what i find.

"SuperGumby [SBS MVP]" wrote:

OK. Have you backed out of the IP change and restarted the
server?

The 'page cannot be found' message can have a few different
reasons,
is
there more information included?

Re: is IIS functional? Does IIS apear in computer management?
If
so,
does
it
have a red dot on it? Does it have a default site? Does the
default
site
appear to be started? Can IIS management show you the content
(file
list,
not browser) of the site? Any error messages concerning IIS
during
startup
(event log)?

Re: your original DHCP problem. When SBS is installed in a
single
NIC
config
attached to a router which has DHCP enabled you are offered a
choice
either install DHCP anyway (in which case 'rogue detection'
will
shut
it
down) or not to install DHCP. I'm guessing that you don't
know/remember
which choice was taken. That's OK, we can look at a couple of
things
(ie.
is
the DHCP server service installed?).

I think you may need someone with more IT experience to visit
and
look
at
the system, or (from earlier posts it seems the system has
been
little
used,
if at all. Can you clarify the degree of use so far?) we just
throw
it
away
and start again. I'm not suggesting to jump in and do this,
nor
that
it
is
the only solution, it just may be the easy way.

At this point I'd probably re-enable DHCP on the router,
return the
IP
settings to original, restart the server, turn on the PC's,
and
figure
out
what's broken: ie.
Can shares on the server be accessed?
What errors in the event logs? (earliest first, later errors
may be
due
the first)

"Markh" <Markh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Its Mark, for some reason thought you were Steve.

That is correct I Have no SBS management console.

Not sure what you mean by is IIS functional. Somethings
seem to
work,
for
instance i can get on the internet.

When Try the 127.0.0.1 or ineralip I get page could not be
found
error

"SuperGumby [SBS MVP]" wrote:

sorry Mark (or is it Steve?) but when I give advice I try
to be
as
specific
as possible, when I say 'use the change server IP wizard' I
mean
do
that
and nothing else. If you cannot perform the change in the
manner
suggested
the correct response is 'can't do that' rather than 'I did
it an
alternate
way'.

SO, you have no SBS management console? (previous to the IP
change)

Please back out of the IP change, return to original.
Restart
the
SBS.

Is IIS functional? Do you have a default web site? Is it
bound
all
interfaces? Do http://127.0.0.1 or http://internalIP give
you a
page
or
an
error? If error, what is the error?

I hope to go play my Sunday round of golf shortly and it
normally
includes
lunch and a few beers with the lads, hopefully someone can
pick
up
the
ball
while I'm away but if not I'll come back to the thread when
can.

"Markh" <Markh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Not sure where the change IP wizard is now I assume you
were
talking
about
the wizard on the inter management site. So I went into
TCP/IP
change
the
ip.

  • Re: No DHCP in administrative tools
    ... In computer management, expand IIS, expand websites, which sites do you ... SQL Server Config ... In 'Services and Applications', do you see DHCP? ... one for SBS and one for MS CRM 3.0 and MS SBF ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: No DHCP in administrative tools
    ... OK, we need to install the DHCP service, but we're gonna hold of a mo' on ... In computer management, expand IIS, expand websites, which sites do you ... SQL Server Config ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Error on page in RMonitoring report
    ... IIS settings? ... Do you have any issue when you visit SBS backup node in the Server ... since you still receive the monitoring report of ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
    ... so we don't even know if dhcp is configured on ... Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP] ... no internet connection from the server. ... dns suffix search list: MuellerElectrical.local ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DHCP and companyweb problems
    ... If the DHCP traffic is being denied by ISA which rule is it showing that is ... SBS FTP Server Access, RDP Server Access, RDP Outbound disabled. ... Client name is correct ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)