Re: http://companyname/remote no longer redirects or works

Hi Tristan,

Thanks for posting in our newsgroup.

From your description, I know that when you enter enter
http://companyname/remote in browser, it will not redirect to https website
automatically. If I am off-base, please don¡¯t hesitate to let me know.

It seems that the SBSFLT ISAPI filter is missing. To resolve the issue,
follow the steps below:

1. Click Start, click Run, type "inetmgr" and press ENTER.
2. Expand Web Sites, right-click Default Web Site and click Properties.
3. On the ISAPI Filters tab, click Add.
4. Enter SBSFLT for Filter name and enter "C:\Inetpub\sbsflt\sbsflt.dll"
for Executable.
5. Enter OwaLogon for Filter name and enter "C:\Program
Files\Exchsrvr\ExchWeb\bin\auth\OwaAuth.dll" for Executable.
6. Click OK twice.

After this, go back to ''ISAPI Filters'', and make sure the following 3
filters are there:

" SBSFLT
" FPexedll.dll
" OWAlogon

7. Right-click the Exchange or Remote virtual directory and click
Properties.
8. On the Directory Security tab, click Edit in the Secure communications
section.
9. Click to select the Require secure channel (SSL) and the Require 128-bit
encryption check boxes.
10. Click OK twice.

11. Click Start, click Run, type "cmd" and press ENTER.
12. Run "iisreset".
13. Please check if the http redirection the PDA work OK

More related information:

An ISAPI filter, SBSFLT (%systemdrive%\Inetpub\sbsflt\sbsflt.dll), is
loaded on the Default Web Site. The filter is used to redirect all incoming
RWW requests from HTTP to HTTPS if SSL is enabled. In case one forgets to
access the RWW securely, the ISAPI filter can redirect the request to a
secure channel to ensure that all communications through Remote Web
Workplace are encrypted.

If the problem still exists, please kindly help me collect the following
information for further research:

1. IIS Metabase.

1)? Download the IIS Resource Kit tools from the following page:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=56FC92EE-A71A-4C73-
B628-ADE629C89499&displaylang=en
2)? Install it, run MBExplorer (Metabase Explorer)
3)? Right click the "LM" node and choose "Export to file".
4) Specify a file name, specify the password and finish the export.
5) Send the file and the password to me.

2. MPS Report on the Server

1) Download the MPSRPT_NETWORK.EXE from the following link and then run
this tool to gather some information from the problematic computer:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/b/1/bb139fcb-4aac-4fe5-a579-30b0bd9
15706/MPSRPT_NETWORK.EXE
2) Double-click on the MPSRPT_NETWORK.EXE file.

[Note] This process may take some time; however, it will not have a
negative effect on the performance.

3) A CAB file will be generated in the
%systemroot%\MPSReports\Network\Reports\Cab directory called
%COMPUTERNAME%_MPSReports.CAB. The CAB file will contain the reports
generated by the MPS Reporting Tool.

Please send to information to v-robeli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subject:
38326352- http://companyname/remote no longer redirects or works.

I am looking forward to hear from you.

If you need further assistance, please don¡¯t hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Robert Li(MSFT)