Re: http://companyname/remote no longer redirects or works
- From: v-robeli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Li [MSFT])
- Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 07:06:32 GMT
Thanks for posting in our newsgroup.
From your description, I know that when you enter enterhttp://companyname/remote in browser, it will not redirect to https website
automatically. If I am off-base, please don¡¯t hesitate to let me know.
It seems that the SBSFLT ISAPI filter is missing. To resolve the issue,
follow the steps below:
1. Click Start, click Run, type "inetmgr" and press ENTER.
2. Expand Web Sites, right-click Default Web Site and click Properties.
3. On the ISAPI Filters tab, click Add.
4. Enter SBSFLT for Filter name and enter "C:\Inetpub\sbsflt\sbsflt.dll"
5. Enter OwaLogon for Filter name and enter "C:\Program
Files\Exchsrvr\ExchWeb\bin\auth\OwaAuth.dll" for Executable.
6. Click OK twice.
After this, go back to ''ISAPI Filters'', and make sure the following 3
filters are there:
7. Right-click the Exchange or Remote virtual directory and click
8. On the Directory Security tab, click Edit in the Secure communications
9. Click to select the Require secure channel (SSL) and the Require 128-bit
encryption check boxes.
10. Click OK twice.
11. Click Start, click Run, type "cmd" and press ENTER.
12. Run "iisreset".
13. Please check if the http redirection the PDA work OK
More related information:
An ISAPI filter, SBSFLT (%systemdrive%\Inetpub\sbsflt\sbsflt.dll), is
loaded on the Default Web Site. The filter is used to redirect all incoming
RWW requests from HTTP to HTTPS if SSL is enabled. In case one forgets to
access the RWW securely, the ISAPI filter can redirect the request to a
secure channel to ensure that all communications through Remote Web
Workplace are encrypted.
If the problem still exists, please kindly help me collect the following
information for further research:
1. IIS Metabase.
1)? Download the IIS Resource Kit tools from the following page:
2)? Install it, run MBExplorer (Metabase Explorer)
3)? Right click the "LM" node and choose "Export to file".
4) Specify a file name, specify the password and finish the export.
5) Send the file and the password to me.
2. MPS Report on the Server
1) Download the MPSRPT_NETWORK.EXE from the following link and then run
this tool to gather some information from the problematic computer:
2) Double-click on the MPSRPT_NETWORK.EXE file.
[Note] This process may take some time; however, it will not have a
negative effect on the performance.
3) A CAB file will be generated in the
%systemroot%\MPSReports\Network\Reports\Cab directory called
%COMPUTERNAME%_MPSReports.CAB. The CAB file will contain the reports
generated by the MPS Reporting Tool.
Please send to information to v-robeli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subject:
38326352- http://companyname/remote no longer redirects or works.
I am looking forward to hear from you.
If you need further assistance, please don¡¯t hesitate to let me know.
Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. If you have issues
regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the corresponding
newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
You can locate the newsgroup here:
When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check the
"Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there are
any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your newsreader,
please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In doing
so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.
For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. Please
check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
<From: "Tristan" <Tristan@xxxxxxxx>
<Subject: Re: http://companyname/remote no longer redirects or works
<Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:32:57 +1300
<X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6000.16386
<X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6000.16386
<Xref: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs:22962
<NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl 127.0.0.1
<From the server if I type in localhost/remote it works and redirects to
<https, but if I type in www.companyname/remote it says "The webpage cannot
<"Tristan" <Tristan@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<> We used to be able to enter http://companyname/remote which would work,
<> I've been away on holiday and some windows updates may have been
<> and now this no longer works. It still works fine if you type in https,
<> but not the non-secure address.
<> One of our PDA's uses the http to access exchange emails which is now
<> broken because of this.
<> I've seen this error but not sure if it is related...
<> Event Type: Error
<> Event Source: W3SVC
<> Event Category: None
<> Event ID: 1130
<> Date: 14/03/2007
<> Time: 12:58:00 a.m.
<> User: N/A
<> Computer: COMPANYSERVER
<> Cannot register the URL prefix 'http://192.168.0.2:81/' for site
<> '1805135630'. The IP address for the site is not in the HTTP.sys IP
<> list. The site has been deactivated. The data field contains the error
- Prev by Date: RE: Event ID 9548 and 1022 on a user who is not disabled
- Next by Date: RE: Remote access recurrent disconnection
- Previous by thread: Re: http://companyname/remote no longer redirects or works
- Next by thread: Re: SBS 2003 SP1 ISA Server 2004 Doesn't Work