RE: Outlook web access and Vista

Hi Rod,

Thanks for posting here.

From the description, I understand the issue is that when you reply in OWA
at vista machine,you can not type in the reply area. If I am off base,
please don't hesitate to let me know.

Let us refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1.To isolate the issue, I suggest you perform a clean boot on the vista. A
Clean Boot will allow us to isolate any device drivers or programs that are
or programs that are installed in your computer.

You may run the following steps to perform clean boot:

a. Click Start, and then click Run.

b. In the Open text box, type MSCONFIG then click OK.

c. On the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab and
click the "Disable All" button to remove the checkmarks from each line in
the list.

d. Then, click the Services tab, add a checkmark to the "Hide All Microsoft
Services" item then click "Disable All".

Note: This disables all third party service items.

e. Click the OK button and restart your computer. Please ensure that all
the third party related services are stopped (services.msc) on the SBS
server.

f. Then to see if it helps.

2.it is most likely related to IE 7.0,please reset all IE 7.0 setting

please refer to the following article to reset IE settings to the defaults
and then test the issue again.
923737: How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737/en-us

3.If issue persists,please apply the latest update and hotfix on exchange
server.

4.please test the issue on another Vista machine,and test the issue on a XP
machine with IE 7.0 installation. what's the result?

if issue persists,please capture screenshot of OWA reply window and send to
me at v-jaluo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I appreciate your time. I am happy to be of assistance and look forward to
your reply.

Best regards,

Jacky Luo (MSFT)

PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to
assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by
posting

from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader: microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!