Re: Allocated Memory Alerts & Mem Usage vs. VM Size

Hi Not,

Thanks for your input.

You are right, we don't recommend to /3 GB switch to SBS 2003. But on some
special occasions, you can add the /3 GB switch. See this article:

Host: chrisavi (Microsoft)
Q: Should the /3GB switch still be added to the boot.ini if physical memory
is greater than 1gig?
A: Typically, yes. Here is an article that explains how to manage memory
requirements with the switch and the apps you are running. --
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/deploy
guide/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/windowsserv/2003/all/de
ployguide/en-us/dssbj_dcc_imef.asp

Small Business Server 2003 Partner Chat
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/chats/trans/sbs/sbs0421.mspx

Have a nice day.