RE: Error Code: 1073807364 sql server 2005
- From: v-jaluo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ("Jacky Luo [MSFT]")
- Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:50:55 GMT
Thanks for posting here.
From the description, I understand the issue is that you have problem toinstall the SQL Server 2005 on the SBS 2003 R2 machine. If I am off base,
please don't hesitate to let me know.
I.Let us refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:
Based on my experience, the issue may occur because the folders that
contain the files that are required during the installation of SQL Server
2005 do not have a correct layout. To work around this problem, set the
folders in the correct layout for the SQL Server 2005 installation.
To copy the files from the SQL Server 2005 installation CDs to a location
and then install SQL Server 2005 from that location, follow these steps:
Note In this example, the D:\SQLServer2005 folder is the location to which
you want to copy the files from the SQL Server 2005 installation CDs.
In the D:\SQLServer2005 folder, create the following two subfolders:
2. Copy all the files from the SQL Server 2005 installation CD that is
named Servers to the D:\SQLServer2005\Servers folder.
3. Copy all the files from the SQL Server 2005 installation CD that is
named Tools to the D:\SQLServer2005\Tools folder.
4. Open the D:\SQLServer2005\Servers folder, and then double-click
Setup.exe to start the SQL Server 2005 Setup program.
More information is addressed in the following article:
Error message when you install SQL Server 2005: "There was an unexpected
failure during the setup wizard"
To install a New Instance of SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition from the CD,
you can do as follows:
Insert the CD to the CD drive. From the Autorun page of the Premium
Technologies disc (D:\Setup.exe, where D is the letter of your CD drive),
click Install Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
2. On the End User License Agreement page, review the licensing agreement.
To continue, you must accept the agreement.
3. On the Installing Prerequisites page, SQL Server 2005 Setup installs the
components that SQL Server Setup requires. When Setup has finished
installing the required components, click Next.
4. On the Welcome to the Microsoft SQL Server Installation Wizard page,
5. On the System Configuration Check page, verify that you have no
potential installation problems, then click Next.
6. If this is the first instance of SQL Server 2005 that you are
installing, the Registration Information page appears. By default, Setup
automatically enters the product key for you. Enter your Name and Company
information, and then click Next.
7. On the Feature Selection page, click the icon next to SQL Server
Database Services, and then click Entire feature will be installed on local
hard drive. If it is not already expanded, expand Client Components. Click
the icon next to Management Tools, and then click Will be installed on
local hard drive. Ensure that Connectivity Tools are also selected for
installation. Click Next.
Important : If your line-of-business (LOB) application requires you to
install the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services component, do not
select it for installation at this time. Instead, complete your SQL Server
2005 installation, and then follow the steps in the procedure "To install
SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services," later in this document.
8. On the Instance Name page, click Default instance.
9. On the Service Account page, click Use the built-in System account, and
then choose Local system for the account.
10. On the Authentication Mode page, choose Windows Authentication Mode.
11. On the Collation Settings page, accept the default of Dictionary order,
case-insensitive, for use with 1252 Character Set for SQL collations (used
for compatibility with previous versions of SQL Server).
12. When the Error and Usage Report Settings page appears, you can choose
to automatically send error reports to Microsoft or to your corporate
error-reporting server. You can also choose to send data about feature
usage for SQL Server 2005 to microsoft. Click Next.
13. On the Ready to Install page, click Install.
14. When SQL Server 2005 Setup prompts you to "Insert Disc 2," insert
Premium Technologies Disc 2, and then click OK.
15. Click Next when that button becomes available on the Setup Progress
16. On the Completing Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup page, click Finish.
More information is addressed in the following link:
Installing SQL Server 2005 WorkGroup Edition in Windows Small Business
Server 2003 R2
Installing the Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 Premium Technologies
If you still can not install the SQL Server 2005 WorkGroup Edition in SBS
2003 R2 server successfully, the issue may lie in the OEM SBS 2003 R2 OS. I
suggest that you contact Dell for support. I appreciate your understanding.
II.If issue persists, please collect the following information for analysis:
mail me the log files under the folder:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files
Please compress the log files and send to me at v-jaluo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jacky Luo (MSFT)
Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to
assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by
from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader: microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
- Error Code: 1073807364 sql server 2005
- From: gummi bear
- Error Code: 1073807364 sql server 2005
- Prev by Date: Re: Server Usage Report
- Next by Date: Clear Driver from Registry
- Previous by thread: Error Code: 1073807364 sql server 2005
- Next by thread: Remote users losing connections