Re: How to Determine if SBS 2003 Standard or Premium is Installed

hi,

Erm, Premium and SBS2003 sp1 are separate and different things one
could install on SBS2003 Standard. I am guessing you are familiar with
SBS2000?

In SBS2003, the components have been made 'more' modular. Since
there's now a "Standard" edition of SBS, it starts out with SBS2003
Standard, and then things get applied or installed over it.

SBS2003 sp1 comes in 2 flavours - the Standard edition of sp1 can be
downloaded from the Net, the Premium edition of SBS2k3sp1 includes
the standard and has more components that are only available via CD -
this includes ISA2004 and sp4 for SQL2000.

To install SBS sp1, one has to first install Windows2k3sp1 then SBS2k3sp1.

Your original question was whether there was an easy way just by looking
at the software, which version was installed (and we assume whether it was
appropriately licensesd). Jim answered that there wasn't a simple way.
To answer your latest question, yes SBS2k3sp1 is a separate install from
SQL2k, and the patches for SQL2k are part of SBS2k3sp1 Premium
but could also be separately installed (which I did before I received the
CD for Premium's sp1).

HTH,
Eugene Tan