Re: how to access companyweb from outside the local network

Thanks Les. running the internet connection wizard solved the problem.

"Les Connor [SBS MVP]" wrote:

Have you run the connect to the internet wizard, electing to make the
companyweb site accessible to users on the internet? Once that's done,
ensure you have port 444 forwarded on your router from you public IP to the
IP of the sbs, the same way you've done it for port 5555.

--
Les Connor [SBS MVP]

"Vishal M." <VishalM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Sorry Les, I did a typo in your name while writing my previous reply.

I am still unable to connect to companyweb from internet, any help would
be
greatly appreciated.

--------------
"Vishal M." wrote:

Hi Lee,

I tried (from outside the LAN)https://bla.bla.bla.bla:444 without any
luck,
I get page not found.

I also tried (from inside the LAN) https://10.0.0.42:444 but that failed
too.

Do I need to set-up some certificate for https to work, if yes,then how ?

From ISS...companyweb has the following properties :-

hostheadervalue - companyweb
ipaddress - *All unassigned*
port - 80
ssl port- 444

If I click ADVANCED from within the companyweb website,this is what I
see:-

Multiple Identifiers for this web site:

default 80 companyweb
default 80 companyweb.s1consulting.local

Multiple SSL Identifiers for this web site:

default 444

thanks

---------------------------
"Les Connor [SBS MVP]" wrote:

Hi Vishal,

Try doing the same thing you did with your CRM, but use port 444
instead of
port 5555.

End result: https://bla.bla.bla.bla:444 to reach the sharepoint site.
Note
the "s" on https, you'll need that.

--
Les Connor [SBS MVP]

"Vishal M." <Vishal M.@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am a beginner with Microsoft SBS and CRM , therfore wouldn't mind
some
help
setting this up.

This is what I have managed to do so far :-

1. CRM is working fine and all users can access it from inside and
outside
our LAN. We do not have a domain name registered but we do have a
fixed
public IP. This is the IP of the router . From inside the network
users
access CRM using http://10.0.0.42:5555 ( 10.0.0.42 is the internal IP
of
the
SBS 2003). From outside we do http://bla.bla.bla.bla:5555 , where
bla..is
the fixed public ip. On the router I have done some port forarding to
forward
all tcp port 5555 requests to 10.0.0.42. Although this may not be the
best
way to do it,but it works and we can live with it.

2. companyweb is working fine and we can access it from the server as
well
as all clients in the network. Although, from the client machines we
have
use http://companyweb.s1consulting.local and not just
http://companyweb.
Again, it may not be the best way to do it but it works and we can
live
with
it.

3. Now, the next thing we would like is that all users should be able
access the companyweb using internet from outside the office.
Remember, we
do
not have a domain name,all I have is afixed publicIP to use.

I am sure there has to be a way of accessing the companyweb from
outside
the
LAN without having to use domain names.Is there any way I can do this
?

thanks in advance

  • Re: SBS 2008: Cant connect to internal website through RWW
    ... but not from the intranet or the internet. ... Internal Web site (Companyweb) by clicking that link on the RWW home/menu ... Port 80 TCP – HTTP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2008: Cant connect to internal website through RWW
    ... Port 987 wasn't open on the firewall. ... Internal Web site (Companyweb) by clicking that link on the RWW home/menu ... We're using Internet Explorer to connect to RWW, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2008: Cant connect to internal website through RWW
    ... Internal Web site (Companyweb) by clicking that link on the RWW home/menu ... We're using Internet Explorer to connect to RWW, ... Port 80 TCP – HTTP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Monitoring and reporting problems
    ... Internet and email section, and then we ran the CEICW wizard. ... Changes were made to the Default and Company web sites to get OWA ... Companyweb has the following: ... port 80 hhv Companyweb ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: company web and IIS problem
    ... I researched your post Companyweb Dead on 1st June. ... When you follow the KB 829114, you cannot continue because the port 8081 is ... "SharePoint Central Administration" to use another port. ... Migrate to SBSSERVER'Web Sites'"SharePoint Central Administration" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)