Re: IPSEC Service

Lawrence Rodis wrote:

My IPSEC service wil not start because the IPSEC driver is starting in bypass
mode. The messages I get in the event log are:
The IPSec Driver is starting in Bypass mode. No IPSec security is being
applied while this computer starts up. IPSec policies, if they have been
assigned, will be applied to this computer after the IPSec services start.

This first part is normal.

and then
The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error:
The specified module could not be found.

This isn't. It suggests some key file may have been removed/moved/mislaid/blocked/etc. If the event entry tells you which module that'd make it reasonably easy to fix. If not, you may need to use something like FILEMON from Sysinternals to watch the IPSec service attempting to start, and look for errors.

Alternatively, you could try from a command prompt "sfc /scannow" - have your SBS CDs ready if you use this.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

  • Re: Problem to start IPSec Service
    ... I need IPSec Sevice to use it for a L2TP IPSec VPN connection. ... IPv6 is not install on my computer. ... Could not start the IPSEC Services service on Local Computer. ... at the Event Viewer for more information? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: IPSec policy agent changed event error
    ... initialization. ... software that installed their own winsock provider. ... In the meantime if you are not using IPSec ... > IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to initialize IKE module with error ...
  • Re: IPSec monitor snap-in
    ... IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network interfaces on the machine. ... This can be a potential security hazard to the machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as desired by the applied IPSec filters. ... I don't think that these settings can be enabled via the registry and the XP Home version has no Local Security Policy tool, and it doesn't have a Group Policy snap-in so I'm not sure how you managed to enable the "Audit policy change" feature on your machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • RE: Data Execution Prevention
    ... Faulting application userinit.exe, version 5.0.2134.1, faulting module ... machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as ... desired by the applied IPSec filters. ... IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: ipsec failed to get coomplete list?????
    ... > IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network ... This can be a potential security hazard to the ... > machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)