RE: Relay problem in Exchange

Hi,

Thank for you update.

Based on my test, the SMTP Proxy Server is open for relay. But I want to
explaine when you use some third-party tools to test SMTP servers for
relay, the SMTP server may seem to fail the test and your Microsoft SMTP
product may seem to be open for relay, although it is not. This is because
the SMTP server may not immediately reject the e-mail message. Instead, the
SMTP server processes the e-mail message and then sends a non-delivery
report (NDR).
More info please refers to the following article:

SMTP relay behavior in Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Exchange Server

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304897

So I suggest your perform the tests mentioned in above KB to verify whether
your exchange server is open for relay.

Hope this helps. Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Chace Zhang (MSFT)

  • RE: Fax Routing to Email Failing
    ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... |> SMTP server, if possible please add the fax account above to make sure ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: TCPIP tying up system
    ... any TCPIP host and "the Internet". ... to RELAY in the TCPIP SET SERVICE portion. ... Relay Zones so the SMTP server knows that it can relay mail coming from ... I believe NORELAY also prevents the SMTP server from relaying to another ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: SMTP 0xC00402CE
    ... I was configuring an IIS SMTP server. ... I opened the relay settings in an attempt to make sure relaying wasn't ... The domain I'm using in the "FROM:" field is my company domain. ... Welcome to Microsoft Telnet Client ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.smtp_nntp)
  • Re: remote POP3 clients unable to use SMTP
    ... relay only? ... your SMTP server accepts connections from all senders, ... Can you reproduce this with a POP client on your LAN? ... how did you set up the SMTP server authentication? ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: More questins on SMTP spam attacks.
    ... Annonymous (so we can receive emails from other SMTP server) ... Integrated Windows Authentication ... Allow Authenticated computers to relay. ... that is telling each bot which SMTP server to try to use. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.smtp_nntp)