RE: Can't connect to http://localhost:8081
- From: v-yanniw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ("Jenny wu [MSFT]")
- Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 05:13:32 GMT
Thanks for using the SBS newsgroup.
From your description, I understand the issue to be: when you typehttp://localhost:8081 in IE to access the SharePoint Central Administration
site, you received the page cannot be displayed error message. If I am off
base, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Let us check the following settings:
I. Please try to open the SharePoint Central Administration site by this:
Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> SharePoint Central
Administration, what is the result?
II. Please check the following settings:
1. Open IIS snap-in.
2. Right click SharePoint Central Administration and click Properties.
3. Under Web Site tab, make sure the TCP port listening on TCP: 8081. "IP
address" set as "All Unassigned" (if there is not ISA installed. If the ISA
server is installed, the "IP address" should set as "internalIP of the SBS
4. Click Directory Security tab,click Edit under "Authentication and access
5. Make sure that "Integrated Windows Authentication" item is checked.
6. Click Edit under "IP address and domain name restriction".
7. Make sure that "Granted access" has been selected.
8. Click Edit under "Secure communications".
9. Make sure that "Require secure channel (SSL)" has not been checked.
10. Then please run command "iisreset" (no quotation marks) to restart the
IIS server to take effects. Then please test the issue again, what is the
If the issue persists, please help me collect the following information:
1. Can you access the Companyweb site successfully? Also please check if
you can access the RWW site, OWA site and monitoring and reporting console
2. Please help me collect IIS log for analysis:
a. Open IIS MMC, right click Default Web Site and then click Properties.
b. Click Website tab and then check Enable logging.
c. Stop the Default Website and rename the existing IIS log files under
d. Restart the Default Website and try to reproduce the problem.
e. Wait for 15 minutes and go to the following folder:
f. Send me the latest log file to my working email address
I appreciate your time! I am happy to be of assistance to you and look
forward to your reply.
Have a nice day!
Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. If you have issues
regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the corresponding
newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
You can locate the newsgroup here:
When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check the
"Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there are
any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your newsreader,
please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In doing
so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.
For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. Please
check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Thread-Topic: Can't connect to http://localhost:8081displayed. I
From: =?Utf-8?B?SktIYXJuZXI=?= <JKHarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Can't connect to http://localhost:8081
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:27:01 -0700
X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs:263765
NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl 10.40.2.250
I am trying to Administer my Windows SharePoint Services. When I type
http://localhost:8081, I get an error stating the page cannot be
have checked that all of the SharePoint serivces are running and I haveeven
rerun CIECW. Any suggestions?
- Prev by Date: Re: WSUS Clients not Appearing in Admin Console
- Next by Date: RE: RAS service could not start !! HELP
- Previous by thread: FTP issues
- Next by thread: RE: RAS service could not start !! HELP