RE: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

Hi Toxic,

Thank you for posting in SBS newsgroup.

From the description, do you mean you are doing as following?

1. Open Event Viewer console and then double click a Error event in the
right pane.

2. On Event tab, click http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp and then
click Yes on the prompt box.

3. Then a detailed error information will display. However you can not see
the detailed information.

If so, would you please help me collect the following information?

1. What error you have received when you access the page?

2. Do you have ISA installed on SBS?

3. Do you have any anti-virus software or firewall installed on SBS?

I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Crina Li (MSFT)

| From: =?Utf-8?B?VG94aWM=?= <Toxic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Subject: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
| Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 05:40:03 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
|
| I use to be able to click on the url when I wanted to look up errors,
while
| going through the events log, but now it does not seem to work

  • Re: Problem with connect computer wizard
    ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... Please double-check the default application pool in IIS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Fax monitor incoming + outgoing calls?
    ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: pop & smtp
    ... Please change the users apply to the SBS Internet Access rule ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... Please help me collect ISA info and firewall log for analyze. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DNS and email problem
    ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... our remote outgoing mail server as discussed, Comcast ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: fax not sending
    ... Thanks for updates. ... it did not relate to any problem on your fax or SBS side. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)