Re: Using exchange & OWA when website is hosted elsewhere

desmondch wrote:
*I have managed to setup an SBS2k3 server so that it hosts both the
website, and the exchange server, and the OWA working perfectly.

I have a client however who hosts his website with his ISP, and wants
to start using exchange on his SBS, without hosting the website on it.
How does this work?

If I've understood this correctly, I must:
(assuming domain is lavache.com - which it isnt :)

i. Create an A record in domain for mail.lavache.com pointing to
fixed IP address of company router
ii. Create an A record in domain for webmail.lavache.com pointing to
fixed IP address of company router
iii. Create an MX record in domain, priority 10, for
mail.lavache.com
iv. Leave the current www.lavache.com record alone
v. Setup SBS 2003 server
vi. Set the domain's FQDN as webmail.lavache.com

Which, if i've understood this correctly, should mean that:
i. www.lavache.com still points to the normal website
ii. exchange works, and can be accessed via pop3 or whatever through
mail.lavache.com
iii. the company website will be at webmail.lavache.com
iv. OWA will be at webmail.lavache.com/exchange

Is that right? Is there anyway of making it so that instead of
messing around with the /exchange, there is no company website and it
just goes straight to OWA? How would I do that?

Thanks for any help! :) *

Can anyone help with how to point the OWA service to a second IP
address on the LAN?

--
desmondch