Re: Fax on Terminal Server from SBS2K3

""Jenny wu [MSFT]"" <v-yanniw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:jOU$%23IyIGHA.3944@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your update.
>
> For current situation, let us perform the following tests to see if it
> helps.
>
> 1. Please double check the Temp folder's permissions on the TS box, it
> locates in:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\Temp
>
> Right click it and open its Properties page, please ensure "Authenticated
> users" entry list here and have the following permissions:
>
> -- Authenticated users: Read,Write, Read & Execute, list folder contents
>
> If not, please verify them and restart fax service, please logoff and then
> re-log to fax, how about the result?

This entry was not present but makes no difference.

> 2. Please try to re-install the window fax services component from Add
> Add/Remove Programs and reconfigure the shared fax to see if it helps. Can
> you install it properly? If not, what is the exact error message you
> received.
>
> 3. Where the faxes go? Are they hung in the server fax queue? Let us
> enable
> activity logging in the shared fax in the server box. The steps:
>
> a. locate the node: server management console -> Fax
> b. Right-click Fax (Local) and select Properties, click the Activity
> Logging tab, and select the Outgoing log activity check boxes.
> c. Then you can reproduce the problem and mail the OutboxLOG.txt file for
> analyze.
>
> The file is located in the %alluserprofile%\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\ActivityLog folder.

Log is empty

> 4. Can you find any related event error in the Event Viewer on the server
> box or terminal server box? If yes, please paste the detail error
> information in the newsgroup or save the text copy of Application /System
> log of the TS and the SBS server:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Microsoft Fax
Event Category: Initialization/Termination
Event ID: 32026
Date: 1/27/2006
Time: 6:48:35 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CLEARTS
Fax Service failed to initialize any assigned fax devices. No faxes can be
sent or received until a fax device is installed.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Microsoft Fax
Event Category: Initialization/Termination
Event ID: 32068