RE: Catchall not working, EXTERNALLY?

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for your update by mail. I am sorry for delay response for my OOF.
Please check my answers below.

Q: When I open the connection (over internet) to my exchange account, it
asksfor a password. Is there a way I can configure it so it automatically
has mylaptop? E.g. on designated workstations which are only used by me..?

A: I am afraid you can not. It is for security consideration. The Form
Based credential check provides more security for your mailboxes and it
don't allow us to save password in client workstation.

Q: The data, where is it stored? Locally, on my workstation, or on
theexchange server? How do I check?

A: the data is stored on the Exchange server side. It just a interface to
access your mailbox from internet and provide more convenience for
business. The data will not be saved in client side.

Q: When I reply to an E-Mail, I have the option to select "Accounts". (next
to the send button). In there, I find the 3 accounts. I select the account
to send FROM, and it sends it as user@xxxxxxxxxxx, oruser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I checked with exchange over internet, and webmail, but I can not find this
option. Is there a way to simulate this?

A: the OWA interface works based on Exchange server, it only supports to
send mails using the primary SMTP address. So we can not simulate that.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further question on the
issue. I am happy to be assistance of you!

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Jenny Wu

The customer mail content:
===================
Hi Jenny,

Thanks so much for your help!
This is exactly what I was looking for...

Now, I have faith in this product. I think we can offer this to our clients
as well. We offer dedicated/collocation hosting services, and I know quite a
few people who'd care for this...

I do have a few quick questions, before the catchall becomes useful:

- When I open the connection (over internet) to my exchange account, it asks
for a password. Is there a way I can configure it so it automatically has my
laptop? E.g. on designated workstations which are only used by me..?

- The data, where is it stored? Locally, on my workstation, or on the
exchange server? How do I check?

- Also, very important for myself, but also for customers:
I now still use outlook 2003 with POP3 boxes on my linux servers.
I now have 3 POPs accounts, that download the mail.
I have created rules, so *@domain1.com goes in folder DOMAIN1.
*@domain2.com goes in folder DOMAIN2, etc etc...
This works great.

Now.. When I reply to an E-Mail, I have the option to select "Accounts".
(next to the send button). In there, I find the 3 accounts. I select the
account to send FROM, and it sends it as user@xxxxxxxxxxx, or
user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I checked with exchange over internet, and webmail, but I can not find this
option. Is there a way to simulate this?

Again, thanks so much for your help. Very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Leslie Herps
Vivizi Hosting B.V.
===================

--------------------
>From: v-yanniw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ("Jenny wu [MSFT]")
>Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:26:42 GMT
>Subject: RE: Catchall not working, EXTERNALLY?
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>
>Hi Leslie,
>
>Thanks for your update!
>
>For your situation, I would like to suggest you configure RPC over HTTPs
>meet your needs. For your convenience, I list the detail steps to
configure
>it.
>
>To enable RPC over HTTPs in SBS environment, you can refer to the
following
>steps:
>
>I. When you run CEICW, you need enable firewall and then the Services
>Configuration page and the Web Services Configuration page will appear
>later. In these pages, you can configure firewall to open related ports to
>allow specific traffic transfer and publish some web services to internet.
>Additionally, if your hardware router supports UPnP, this wizard will
>automatically help you open related ports.
>
>I would like to list the steps for your reference:
>
>1. Expand Standard Management | To Do List.
>2. Click Connect to the Internet in the right pane.
>3. Navigate the wizard to Firewall and then select Enable firewall. In the
>page.
>4. Click Next and then select Allow access to the following web site
>services from the internet.
>5. Make sure Outlook via the internet, Remote Web Workspace items are
>selected and select any additional services, such as Outlook Web Access,
>that you require. click Next.
>6. On the Web Server Certificate page, select the Web server certificate
>type, and then click Next. You can choose to either install a new Web
>server certificate or locate a third-party certificate.
>7. The wizard automatically configures Exchange, IIS, and the RPC proxy
>registry entries.
>
>I suggest you refer to KB 825763 to get more information about configure
>SBS network connection:
>
>825763 How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server
>2003
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=825763
>
>And then domain users login their workstations, open the RWW site
>(https://FQDN/remote) and Click the link for Outlook via Internet on the
>right of the RWW homepage. Follow the instructions to configure the
Outlook

to=<user@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

.