Re: Sharepoint not working anymore

Lyle,

Based on the error from the SharePoint instance.. you might want to consider
checking with the microsoft.public.sqlserver.server newsgroup or calling
into support to get assistance. Depending on how comfortable you are with
SQL.. some possibilities depending on state of backups and more checking of
the databases would be to restore the master.mdf and master.ldf for that
instance from backup. Be sure to make a copy of those files before doing a
restore (just in case you need to get back to where you are now) There is
a way to rebuild the master database (which you can think of as the database
that keeps up with the other databases) and then re-attach your other
databases, however, prior to doing that I'd suggest that you check with SQL
support folks first. Especially since you mentioned that you have had hard
drive problems.

With the sqlagent$sbsmonitoring.. do you get the same thing in the
sqlagent.out file if you try and manually start the service as well?
In the \program files\microsoft sql server\mssql$sbsmonitoring\log\errorlog
file does it show any errors? Is the mssql$sbsmonitoring service running?

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?Gprid=3208

--

Hope that helps,
David Copeland

SBS Newsgroups:

SBS v4.x: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz
SBS 2000: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000
SBS 2003: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

.