Re: Sharepoint not working anymore

Lyle,

Based on the error from the SharePoint instance.. you might want to consider
checking with the microsoft.public.sqlserver.server newsgroup or calling
into support to get assistance. Depending on how comfortable you are with
SQL.. some possibilities depending on state of backups and more checking of
the databases would be to restore the master.mdf and master.ldf for that
instance from backup. Be sure to make a copy of those files before doing a
restore (just in case you need to get back to where you are now) There is
a way to rebuild the master database (which you can think of as the database
that keeps up with the other databases) and then re-attach your other
databases, however, prior to doing that I'd suggest that you check with SQL
support folks first. Especially since you mentioned that you have had hard
drive problems.

With the sqlagent$sbsmonitoring.. do you get the same thing in the
sqlagent.out file if you try and manually start the service as well?
In the \program files\microsoft sql server\mssql$sbsmonitoring\log\errorlog
file does it show any errors? Is the mssql$sbsmonitoring service running?

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?Gprid=3208

--

Hope that helps,
David Copeland

SBS Newsgroups:

SBS v4.x: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz
SBS 2000: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000
SBS 2003: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

"Lyle" <Lyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> For SQLAgent I got this
>
> 2005-11-29 21:14:25 - ! [298] SQLServer Error: 4060, Cannot open database
> requested in login 'msdb'. Login fails. [SQLSTATE 42000]
> 2005-11-29 21:14:25 - ! [000] Unable to connect to server
> 'RDC\SBSMONITORING'; SQLServerAgent cannot start
> 2005-11-29 21:14:25 - ? [098] SQLServerAgent terminated (normally)
>

> For Sharepoint I got this:
>
> 2005-11-29 21:13:47.39 server Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.884
> (Intel X86)
> Nov 29 2003 20:52:47
> Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation
> Desktop Engine (Windows) on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: )
>
> 2005-11-29 21:13:47.39 server Copyright (C) 1988-2002 Microsoft
> Corporation.
> 2005-11-29 21:13:47.39 server All rights reserved.
> 2005-11-29 21:13:47.39 server Server Process ID is 2712.
> 2005-11-29 21:13:47.39 server Logging SQL Server messages in file
> 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SHAREPOINT\LOG\ERRORLOG'.
> 2005-11-29 21:13:47.39 server SQL Server is starting at priority class
> 'normal'(1 CPU detected).
> 2005-11-29 21:13:48.39 server SQL Server configured for thread mode
> processing.
> 2005-11-29 21:13:48.39 server Using dynamic lock allocation. [500] Lock
> Blocks, [1000] Lock Owner Blocks.
> 2005-11-29 21:13:48.43 spid3 Starting up database 'master'.
> 2005-11-29 21:13:48.45 spid3 Error: 9003, Severity: 20, State: 1.
> 2005-11-29 21:13:48.45 spid3 Cannot recover the master database.
> Exiting.
>
> I don't much like the looks of that last line.
> Yes, I was trying to get to the point of installing the SBS 2003 SP1. I
> didn't get anywhere with that. I only got an attempt at trying to install
> the Exchange Server 2003 SP1. That failed at the end. I can start up
> Outlook on each computer, and if i try to send anything it just gets stuck
> in
> the Exchange Server Queue. This seems to be a problem from the failed
> Exchange SP1 attempt, since it only showed up after that. The Sharepoint
> issue started before that, when I first had the HDD issue and windows
> saying
> it couldn't start up services.
>

> "David Copeland [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Lyle,
>>
>> Do you get any errors in the event log if you try to start the
>> mssql$sharepoint service? What does it show in the \program
>> files\microsoft sql server\mssql$sharepoint\log\errorlog file?
>>
>> You mentioned that you had set out to install SP1... is that SBS 2003
>> SP1?
>> If so, which of the SP's have you installed? Did you get any errors
>> during
>> their installs?
>>
>> For the sqlagent$sbsmonitoring check in the \program files\microsoft sql
>> server\mssql$sbsmonitoring\log\sglagent.out for any errors (as well as
>> the
>> event logs when you attempt to start the service)

> [...]

  • RE: trouble installing companyweb
    ... gone ahead and patched the server before continuing with step 13 of KB884453. ... sbs components that I could, ... install any 3rd-party software before you finish the installation. ... For the failed intranet component ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Monitoring and Reporting
    ... I understand that you unable to get SBS ... monitoring report after you install Windows server 2003 sp2. ... To successfully install SBS 2003 SP1, ... Downloading and Installing Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS 2003 R2 - Please Help
    ... computers be slow after you install the full SBS 2003 R2 components. ... log on slow is probably refer to incorrect DNS ... as the DNS server on the clients rather than the ISP DNS servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Sharepoint Service, company web reinstallation
    ... Welcome to SBS newsgroup. ... I understand that you want to reinstall the companyweb on your SBS 2003 ... Business Server 2003 (If you are in the middle of RC to RTM upgrade, ... If AV software install any extra IIS virtual directory, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 Fax Sharepoint Routing
    ... Business Server 2003 and click "Change/Remove", ... If the Fax Services component was original installed by using the SBS ... Install fro the Fax Server component. ... And then we should push the shared fax client application from server to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)