Failure to Clear the ARP Cache

This is a repost I lost track of it because other issues popped up
that trumped this and I need to get back to it. Edward, I saw your
post but can't reply now. I would like to dialog with you on the
subject.
:
Background:
Dell PowerEdge 2850 with two embedded nic cards.
OS: Windows 2003 SBS SP 1

After experiencing intermittent connection issues on the NIC connected
to the Internet. I decided to try a repair on the Network Connection.

I received the following error message:
Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following
action cannot be completed: Clearing the ARP Cache.

I tried disabling/enabling the NIC card which often clears up the
intermittent connection problem for a number of hours. The problem
comes back.

I tried to run Repair on the internal NIC and got the same message.

First, can anyone confirm this is not normal behavior?

Second, what steps should I take to return normal behavior to the NIC
cards. My guess is Winsock damage.

Third what are the negative outcomes associated with the command:
netsh winsock reset ?

As always, I appreciate your feedback.

  • Failure to Clear the ARP Cache
    ... Dell PowerEdge 2850 with two embedded nic cards. ... After experiencing intermittent connection issues on the NIC connected ... I tried to run Repair on the internal NIC and got the same message. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Clearing the ARP Cache: Error when trying to repair connection in 2003 SBS
    ... That is not normal behavior. ... > Dell PowerEdge 2850 with two embedded nic cards. ... I decided to try a repair on the Network Connection. ... > intermittent connection problem for a number of hours. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Clearing the ARP Cache: Error when trying to repair connection in 2003 SBS
    ... Dell PowerEdge 2850 with two embedded nic cards. ... After experiencing intermittent connection issues on the NIC connected ... to the Internet. ... Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • A2Central down
    ... no ETA on repair as of yet. ... After several calls to report trouble, our intermittent connection ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)
  • Re: Cellphone connector
    ... that has no pins or sockets; just a row of little flat gold squares. ... The one on my phone has developed an intermittent connection to the circuit board it plugs onto. ... (However, if you want to try to repair yours anyway, that seems admirable to me. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)