Re: Odd semi-crash or hang

More details after reboot. Cannot find anything specific in logs, but there
are some odd entries earlier this morning, including a critical application
error:

(at 6 am a status report is sent to admin. No entries until...)
Information,7/29/2005,8:47:25 AM,ESENT,General ,100,N/A,(SERVERNAME)
lsass (900) The database engine 5.02.3790.1830 started.
Information,7/29/2005,8:47:36 AM,dsrestor,None,1000,N/A,(SERVERNAME)
The DSRestore filter started successfully.
Error,7/29/2005,8:47:36 AM,dsrestor,None,1005,N/A,(SERVERNAME)
The DSRestore Filter failed to connect to local SAM server. Error returned
is <id:997>.

Now this error is mentioned at
http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?PageContentID=74&tabid=236: "If
you change the Administrator password 'after' the application of SBS 2003
SP1 [which includes Windows 2003 SP1] the Administrator password will no
longer sync automagically with the DSRM password and we are now like 'normal'
Windows Server in this behavior."
However I did *not* change the Administrator password after the application
of SBS2003 SP1. SP1 was applied several weeks ago.

Why did that database engine, out of the blue, suddenly "start" after a
number of days? The subsequent log entries show things starting, but the
system was half crashed as shown in my original message (below).

.