MSDE an SP3

From: acon (ezacon_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 01/03/05

Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 23:52:36 +0100

I have just installed a SBS server and i am now in the patching phase.
The last patch i need to install is SQL SP3 for MSDE.
When i run the patch i have to chose the instance of MSDE i want to unpdate
(Sharepoint and SBSMONITORING).
I am not sure if i have to update sharepoint instance only, or i need to run
SP3 two times. one for each instance.

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: .NET and MSDE
    ... So it will not harm anything if they install the regular ... patch for MSDE as well? ... >the sql2kdesk.exe patch won't apply to the NETSDK ... >information for users of the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: question about patching MSDE 2000
    ... >So it's a named instance? ... Are you applying the patch to ... To install a named istance MS documentation says to add to ... MSDE 2000 using a file different than sqlrun01.msi and I ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: question about patching MSDE 2000
    ... Are you applying the patch to ... > To install a named istance MS documentation says to add to ... > MSDE 2000 using a file different than sqlrun01.msi and I ... >>> of the patch seems to succeed, when I verify the version ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: MSDE an SP3
    ... > The last patch i need to install is SQL SP3 for MSDE. ... > I am not sure if i have to update sharepoint instance only, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: MicroMonopoly aids Terrorism?
    ... >>>> The patch is simple to install. ... >>>> You do not get much simpler than it is to install. ... >> Although it is not mentioned in the article, one reason I kept ... With very few exceptions, MSDE only ...
    (microsoft.public.security)