SBS SSL and MS04-011

From: Joerg Krumm (jeykey-news_at_justmail.de)
Date: 04/29/04

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:09:36 +0200

Hi,

after applying those patches in MS04-011, the server didnīt respond to ssl
connections anymore.
I found out that IIS wasnīt configured to use port 443 anymore, a
certificate wasnīt configured as well.
After manually correcting those settings the server is working again.

I knew, after applying MS04-011, which includes KB835732, SSL connections
from IE to any website wouldnīt work, but I didnīt know this would be true
for connections to the server as well.

Has anyone experienced something similar to this?

Joerg

Relevant Pages

  • Re: urandom sufficient for e.g. SSL?
    ... I had assumed he was generating the server's public/private keypair, a rare event, since he mentions a HRNG "for the server". ... I'm no SSL expert, and so I will defer to others who are, but my impression is that the overwhelming majority of SSL connections don't use DH. ... If the server needs a CSPRNG for a normal non-DH RSA-secured connection, then I stand corrected and will have to review the protocol. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Java SSL problem
    ... I have a little problem with my SSL file sharing application. ... I've been asked to securised the connections with SSH but I found too ... I use a message server for my application, and a file server per user ... When one client send a file to one server there is no problem. ...
    (comp.lang.java.security)
  • Re: MT-Newswatcher Secure Connection
    ... Their FAQ reads in part "Aioe.org NNTP server fully supports SSL ... encrypted connections. ... I am familiar with the News Servers... ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: outlook express wont connect using ssl
    ... new smtp virtual server on a different port ... Does OE work if you use SSL over port 25? ... OE is set up to authenticate (for outgoing connections) and use the same ... i also added an extra smtp virtual server to service all miscellaneous ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Most users cant connect to our SSL-- help!
    ... I've included all relevant SSL settings from our ... Subject: Large percentage of customers cannot connect to https: ... server, which then grinds indefinitely. ... "2) Your secure order form is not working. ...
    (comp.security.misc)