Re: Publish Terminal Server in SBS 2003 AD

From: Tobias Redelberger (T.Redelberger_at_starnet-services.net)
Date: 03/09/04

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 18:57:50 +0100

Hi Chris,

> Are you saying that the TS server has showed up in the RWW before, but
> isn't showing up now? If so, what changes were made between the time that
> the TS showed up and now?

No it never was showing up before.

> To me, it sounds like a problem due to the fact that you didn't install
SBS
> 2003 using the supported method, but rather added it to an existing
domain.
> What if you DCPromo the TS server down, then disjoin it from the SBS
> network, then join it back to the SBS network using the "Set Up Server
> Computers" wizard from the To Do List. If you wanted to re-promote it to
> become a DC at that point, that would be fine.

Exactly this advice was given to me before by Dirk-Thomas Brown. But this
would be the very last thing to do, because "Never touch a running
system!!!"; would be to risky if s.th go wrong.

There MUST be an easier way to (re-)publish the Terminal Server's Services
into AD, isn't it? It can't be that hard to say to AD "Hello, here am i" ..
;)

The thing what makes me perplex is that the Terminal Server also (beside
RWWs "Connect to my company's application sharing server") isn't (and
wasn't) showing up in:

  "Remote Desktop Conncetion --> Browse for more. --> Domainname.intern"

neither, even before integrating SBS2003 in the AD-Structure.

The Terminal Server was switched to Application Mode AFTER promoting it to
an AD-Controller and BEFORE integrating SBS2003.

Anyone can help?

Tobias Redelberger

StarNET Services (HomeOffice)
Schoenbornstr. 57