Re: Publish Terminal Server in SBS 2003 AD

From: Tobias Redelberger (
Date: 03/09/04

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 18:57:50 +0100

Hi Chris,

> Are you saying that the TS server has showed up in the RWW before, but
> isn't showing up now? If so, what changes were made between the time that
> the TS showed up and now?

No it never was showing up before.

> To me, it sounds like a problem due to the fact that you didn't install
> 2003 using the supported method, but rather added it to an existing
> What if you DCPromo the TS server down, then disjoin it from the SBS
> network, then join it back to the SBS network using the "Set Up Server
> Computers" wizard from the To Do List. If you wanted to re-promote it to
> become a DC at that point, that would be fine.

Exactly this advice was given to me before by Dirk-Thomas Brown. But this
would be the very last thing to do, because "Never touch a running
system!!!"; would be to risky if go wrong.

There MUST be an easier way to (re-)publish the Terminal Server's Services
into AD, isn't it? It can't be that hard to say to AD "Hello, here am i" ..

The thing what makes me perplex is that the Terminal Server also (beside
RWWs "Connect to my company's application sharing server") isn't (and
wasn't) showing up in:

  "Remote Desktop Conncetion --> Browse for more. --> Domainname.intern"

neither, even before integrating SBS2003 in the AD-Structure.

The Terminal Server was switched to Application Mode AFTER promoting it to
an AD-Controller and BEFORE integrating SBS2003.

Anyone can help?

Tobias Redelberger

StarNET Services (HomeOffice)
Schoenbornstr. 57
D-97440 Werneck

Tel: +49-(0)9722-4835
Fax: +49-(0)9722-4836
Mobil: +49-(0)179-25 98 341

Web-Tel: +49-(0)1212-5-11651621
Web-Fax: +49-(0)1212-5-11651621

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Publish Terminal Server in SBS 2003 AD
    ... > wasn't) showing up in: ... It shown up before integrating SBS2003 but not AFTER it. ... > The Terminal Server was switched to Application Mode AFTER promoting it to ... > Tobias Redelberger ...
  • Re: WSUS
    ... The I have restarted the computers about 4 times. ... It has been almost 24 hours and 5 of the machines are showing up and the ... If I try and manage the computers from server manager on the SBS Server I ... If I run the wsus client diagnostic tool on the sbs machine I get the ...
  • Re: techie question - OT
    ... Sorry for replying to myself - this was supposed to be part of Karen's thread, but at my place it is showing up as a separate thread. ... Do they get bounced back to the original server? ... Then we have some further checks for those emails that make it through these hurdles: those emails get sorted to either inbox, possibly-spam or probably-spam - all of which I as the recipient have control over. ... If you are talking about the news group, then it is different: that is just handled by your reader not showing posts from that sender. ...
  • RE: Starting Terminal Server service on XP Pro
    ... Remoted Desktop/Terminal Server ... > trouble getting Remote Desktop to work. ... Terminal Services was not showing up as an available Service. ... > We've tried to do a reinstall of the component, but the Terminal Server ...
  • Integrating a webapplication running on a Tomcat server with SharePoint
    ... I have a webapplication running on tomcat which I would like to display through Sharepoint portal. ... an applet showing some streaming data etc. ... I can easily define my web-application as a remote gadget server!!. ...