Re: Publish Terminal Server in SBS 2003 AD

From: Tobias Redelberger (T.Redelberger_at_starnet-services.net)
Date: 03/09/04

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 18:57:50 +0100

Hi Chris,

> Are you saying that the TS server has showed up in the RWW before, but
> isn't showing up now? If so, what changes were made between the time that
> the TS showed up and now?

No it never was showing up before.

> To me, it sounds like a problem due to the fact that you didn't install
SBS
> 2003 using the supported method, but rather added it to an existing
domain.
> What if you DCPromo the TS server down, then disjoin it from the SBS
> network, then join it back to the SBS network using the "Set Up Server
> Computers" wizard from the To Do List. If you wanted to re-promote it to
> become a DC at that point, that would be fine.

Exactly this advice was given to me before by Dirk-Thomas Brown. But this
would be the very last thing to do, because "Never touch a running
system!!!"; would be to risky if s.th go wrong.

There MUST be an easier way to (re-)publish the Terminal Server's Services
into AD, isn't it? It can't be that hard to say to AD "Hello, here am i" ..
;)

The thing what makes me perplex is that the Terminal Server also (beside
RWWs "Connect to my company's application sharing server") isn't (and
wasn't) showing up in:

  "Remote Desktop Conncetion --> Browse for more. --> Domainname.intern"

neither, even before integrating SBS2003 in the AD-Structure.

The Terminal Server was switched to Application Mode AFTER promoting it to
an AD-Controller and BEFORE integrating SBS2003.

Anyone can help?

Tobias Redelberger

StarNET Services (HomeOffice)
Schoenbornstr. 57
D-97440 Werneck
Germany

Tel: +49-(0)9722-4835
Fax: +49-(0)9722-4836
Mobil: +49-(0)179-25 98 341

Email: T.Redelberger@starnet-services.net
Web-Tel: +49-(0)1212-5-11651621
Web-Fax: +49-(0)1212-5-11651621

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Publish Terminal Server in SBS 2003 AD
    ... > wasn't) showing up in: ... It shown up before integrating SBS2003 but not AFTER it. ... > The Terminal Server was switched to Application Mode AFTER promoting it to ... > Tobias Redelberger ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: WSUS
    ... The I have restarted the computers about 4 times. ... It has been almost 24 hours and 5 of the machines are showing up and the ... If I try and manage the computers from server manager on the SBS Server I ... If I run the wsus client diagnostic tool on the sbs machine I get the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: techie question - OT
    ... Sorry for replying to myself - this was supposed to be part of Karen's thread, but at my place it is showing up as a separate thread. ... Do they get bounced back to the original server? ... Then we have some further checks for those emails that make it through these hurdles: those emails get sorted to either inbox, possibly-spam or probably-spam - all of which I as the recipient have control over. ... If you are talking about the news group, then it is different: that is just handled by your reader not showing posts from that sender. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Integrating a webapplication running on a Tomcat server with SharePoint
    ... I have a webapplication running on tomcat which I would like to display through Sharepoint portal. ... an applet showing some streaming data etc. ... I can easily define my web-application as a remote gadget server!!. ...
    (microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver.development)
  • RE: Starting Terminal Server service on XP Pro
    ... Remoted Desktop/Terminal Server ... > trouble getting Remote Desktop to work. ... Terminal Services was not showing up as an available Service. ... > We've tried to do a reinstall of the component, but the Terminal Server ...