Re: Cannot access shared printers over a vpn

it could be MTU issue.Can you browse shared files? or check this link.

Vista MTU Issues
Vista MTU Issues. Case 1: After changing the IPS and setup different cable gateway, ... 2. Test Vista MTU and modify it accordingly. This how to may help. ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistamtuissues.htm

--
Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Starfish" <Starfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F7B926AB-E834-4E66-821E-D1B550D94EC1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Bob,

The printers are actually shared off the PC that vpn's into our network. We
can ping the remote computer just fine when it is connected to the vpn,
however if we attempt to browse the computer so we can see it's shared
printers, we get the no logon servers available message.

"Bob Lin (MS-MVP)" wrote:

Do a simple test. Can you ping the printer by IP? If yes, can you ping it by
name?

--

.