Re: Cannot access shared printers over a vpn

it could be MTU issue.Can you browse shared files? or check this link.

Vista MTU Issues
Vista MTU Issues. Case 1: After changing the IPS and setup different cable gateway, ... 2. Test Vista MTU and modify it accordingly. This how to may help. ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistamtuissues.htm

--
Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Starfish" <Starfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F7B926AB-E834-4E66-821E-D1B550D94EC1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Bob,

The printers are actually shared off the PC that vpn's into our network. We
can ping the remote computer just fine when it is connected to the vpn,
however if we attempt to browse the computer so we can see it's shared
printers, we get the no logon servers available message.

"Bob Lin (MS-MVP)" wrote:

Do a simple test. Can you ping the printer by IP? If yes, can you ping it by
name?

--

> Hello, we have a client that VPNs in to our network via RAS. We have
> printers
> shared off of this clients workstation. We have then connected > ourselves
> these shared printers so that they are available to us when the client > is
> connected to the vpn. Just today however, we started having problems > where
> we
> cannot access the shared printers from the Windows 2000 PC that is > VPN'd
> in.
> We get an error sayting that no logon serveres are available to service
> the
> logon request. The remote PC is joined to the domain. ANy reasons on > why
> this
> is happening? We just changed our ISP and all of the sudden it started
> happening. Also, when we had our old ISP, this windows 2000 PC had a
> static
> IP on the local lan. Now it receives one from the modem. However, it > does
> still get the same IP when vpn'ing into our network.

  • Re: Cannot access shared printers over a vpn
    ... The printers are actually shared off the PC that vpn's into our network. ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ...
  • Re: print server error
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... Since last week anyone that originally attached to a hosted printer that mapped using the IP address can no longer print or attach to any new printers on the server. ...
  • Cups & multiple networks
    ... I'm trying to set up cups in order to use all the network printers we ... The problem is that we moved from one single open network to a ... vpn, so all the workstations reside on the vpn, the printers on the ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Cups with more than one network?
    ... I'm trying to set up cups in order to use all the network printers we ... The problem is that we moved from one single open network to a vpn ... & public net, so all the workstations reside on the vpn, the printers on ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Remote Desktop Command Fixation Attacks
    ... This set of steps is redundant in many places, and it's also enormously expensive, since you're using no less than three different expensive bits of networking hardware (AP, PIX, VPN Concentrator), in addition to a bunch of x86 server hardware, windows server licenses, and at least one ISA license. ... Your computers necessarily don't have full access to your network infrastructure when they aren't logged on, so GPOs, software updates, etc can't be applied at the times you want them to be applied. ... Turning on, enabling, and implementing every possible security setting and device you think of is not defence in depth, and will probably only have two effects - your users won't use your wireless network, and you'll burn so much cash you won't have any left to spend on *useful* security measures. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)