Re: Problem with certificates/L2TP VPN

Paul, the issue with certificates has been resolved, there were 2
identical root certs from my CA in Trusted roots.
Once I deleted one of them, it started working.
However I have new issues :)
VPN connection is successfully established on local LAN, however it
does not work properly
from client on the Internet. Currently, we have some inbound filters
configured on WAN interface
of RRAS server. RRAS is directly connected to Internet, no NATs
involved there.
The client IS behind NAT.
If I disable the inbound filters and let all traffic IN on RRAS,
client connects successfully.
Ofcourse I dont want to leave the filters like that, the only traffic
I want to let in on my RRAS is VPN traffic.
So i fired up Ethereal, and established the connection successfuly.
This is what I found out from the sniffed bytes, the traffic that has
to be let in for L2TP connection to work:

UDP 500 - for IKE
UDP 4500 for IPSEC UDP encapsulation
and *whole* UDP traffic (dont understand the purpose of this traffic)

So my client connects successfully ONLY if i let all UDP traffic in.
This is not an option at all. Could you explain what could be
happening, what could be
the reason for this?

On Mar 23, 4:25 pm, Paul Weterings <Paul-nospam-@syncpuls-dot-com>